Traktor Pro is locking up - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Hi Wondershock,

If you are getting this issue it could be a number of reasons, one how fast is your pc/laptop and how much ram you got on it. Also what are you running in the back ground, when DJ'ing its good not to run programs while doing that because sometimes it ties the system up and confuses the cpu. Don't know why as I am still running into that issue at times. Also if it does it again turn off the VCI and Traktor should unlock then turn the VCI back on and after a 10 secs or so everything will be on track. Just try those things and see what happen, I really do think its probably something running in the background of your system thats causing this issue, check it out and if not just reply and we will try to work this out. Goodluck

DJ Big Q
    DJ BIG Q. (HIP HOP/ OLD SKOOL)
    myspace page
    Gear: Fujitsu LifeBook N6220 (Pentium Centrino M Processor 750 1.86GHz, 3GB RAM, 1x 200GB and 1x 500GB HDDs, XP Pro), Traktor Pro 2.1, VCI-100 Black SE, M-Audio FastTrack Pro Soundcard, and Blue-Ice 5000W Amplifier.

I'm running a 2.2GHz dual core AMD chip, 2 gigs of RAM, and SATA3 drives. I don't run anything in the background when I'm running Traktor Pro, and I typically do it off of a fresh boot, too.

I know that doing the turn off/on thing unlocks Traktor... But that seems dreadfully inconvenient during a performance, wouldn't you say?

Oh yeah, I'm also running a USB-power Fast Track Pro and Ean's 1.4 tsi for Traktor Pro. And this whole setup is in a desktop.

Thanks for the reply, and I look forward to helping get to the bottom of this for VCI owners everywhere.
    Last edited by Wondershock; 05-26-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Default deck freeze on TPro

I just found this thread and notice loads of you are getting this problem. Specifically for me having spent weeks searching for and further developing a midi map that works for me, I'm using a VCI 100, Kontrol 1 and Traktor Pro 1.1.2. A really annoying/dangerous problem happens everynow and again. The left hand deck freezes, the phase meters go wild, the play button show it is on, but the track isn't moving. I only seem to get this with the midi map that I like to use, but I can't see how this is a mapping problem as the deck doesn't work with the mouse. To restart it, I have to shut down and reload, not good when playing live! From reading this I have to look at the midi clock however are the any other suggestions, all gratefully recieved!

OK Well at the Moment I am away from my equipment so I can't do anything right now. but if you can post your midi map for your vci-100 when i return home I will set it up on my vci and see what i can find. If anybody else can help please feel free to do so because like everyone that is having issues, I'm new at this myself but I am willing to help out.

DJ Big Q.
    DJ BIG Q. (HIP HOP/ OLD SKOOL)
    myspace page
    Gear: Fujitsu LifeBook N6220 (Pentium Centrino M Processor 750 1.86GHz, 3GB RAM, 1x 200GB and 1x 500GB HDDs, XP Pro), Traktor Pro 2.1, VCI-100 Black SE, M-Audio FastTrack Pro Soundcard, and Blue-Ice 5000W Amplifier.

Pretty awesome there are people in the community like you. I'll do what I can to help as well.

Default Deck freezing

DJBigQ & Wondershock

Really appreciate the offer. Can't thank you enough for having a look at this. I have attached the file and anything you see that is odd or needs changing please let me know.

Cheers

CB.

Tech Mentor

Default Decks Freezing

I too have the same problem with Traktor decks freezing while using the VCI-100.

I have been having this problem since Traktor inplemented Plug & Play a while back.

I never had midi clock checked (ever) and I use all quality cables (including a 10 inch usb cable with a ferret that I use for the VCI). My USB power settings are set to the max. I use an echo firewire soundcard and run Windows xp sp3 (with all nessesary things disabled) through a massive deticated laptop (MTECH D900C) with 3 gigs of Ram. I have used a AC power adaptor for the VCI which acually caused the freeze to happen more quickly and consistantly then using just USB power alone. I have experienced this while using Eans 1.3 VCI firmware and all of Eans TKS and TSI's as well as Firmware 1.2 and just about every other TSI / TKS file imaginable. I have experienced this problem on 3 Different VCI-100's (2 Silver & 1 Black addition)

My problem is (and always has been) while using Traktor (Pro & 3.4) with the VCI-100, I experience deck freeze or deck lockups. The music doesnt stop playing EVER during this situation and I have to turn the VCI off and restart it in order to recover from the freeze. When I have to turn off the VCI and restart it, the like-le-hood of it happening again seems to be much greater unless I also choose to restart my computer in combiation with restarting the VCI (not a fun thing to deal with while playing live).

IMO this is souly a result of plug and play implementation on Traktors part. And somehow has everything to do with LED feedback as I experience vertually NO freezing if I dont use midi Out with in Traktor.

I also notice while playing long gigs, after about 3 hours, the LEDs on my VCI seem to lag. After a couple of hours, Visual LED feedback is about a second late, however the acual button, fader and Jog (etc) feedback is perfect. Only the LED feedback seems to suffer.

God Ive spent a fortune on being able to really up my game in the gig department with the beauty of the Traktor / VCI-100 combo, however the fear of experiencing a freeze in front of hundreds of people is overwhelming and I hate it.

Of course the freezes have happen at the worse possible moments. Like recently, when im mixing out of a track (with 20 seconds left) on Deck A, into a track on Deck B. Basically Deck A just stoped playing and I could do nothing about if because the freeze stops all ability for me to manmipulate Traktor what so ever (even with the mouse). So there I was frantically turning off the VCI, and waiting till Traktor un-froze while the song on Deck A just stopped and the end of the track. Of course I had a CD Cued up and ready to go.....but ya know I really f##king sucks...

Can anyone please shed some light on this? :eek:
    Last edited by thictool; 07-26-2009 at 08:46 PM.

Tech Wizard

Default Broken Touch Sensors

Please Help I'm fuming!

The sensitivity switch (Touch Sensor Level) at the back of my vci has snapped off, I have not forced or stressed the switch. (labelled EO1).

The problem is i am not getting any control using that jog wheel now, how can I resolve this issue? I looks like a solder joint that hold the whole thing together. This is an issue I can't afford right now as have a New club opening to do next week.

How can this be resolved?

and where can I get a replacement, is it easy enought to fix?

I'm waiting on the firmware update & overlay so maybe fix the lot while I have the case off? Soldering etc is not a strong point of mine

Arghhh! this has really stressed me out now, i've had issue after issue TSP and now this! :eek:

Thanks for the help and info from this forum.

Tech Wizard

sorry folks was rushing and posted this in the wrong topic sorry xx

Just thought I'd put my 2 pennies in on this thread. This sounds exactly like the same issue I and many other people have been having.

The problem is to do with traktor pro and midi out. There is clearly a bug somewhere.

As a workaround, go into the midi preferences and untick the VCI-100 as a midi out device.

Sure, you'll get no LED's working on the controller, but I bet your lock ups will stop.

I tried everything until I discovered this, from power adapters, to different usb cables and ports. But in the end, it turns out to be a VCI/Traktor midi problem.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast