Traktor Pro is locking up - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Convert

I have midi send clock off, however i was thinking about getting a adapter for the VCI. Maybe you could just tell us more after the weekend

Tech Wizard

So... what happened? I'm stuck in the same spot as you are.

How are all other users coping with the problem?
    Is this a batch-specific bug from Vestax?
    Has everyone disabled the MIDI-out on their VCI's?

Tech Convert

I bought a power adapter for the VCI 100 and it solved the problem.

I'm having the same issue with my vci-100 and traktor pro v1.1.1. I think I fixed it but I'm not sure which step fixed my problem. I disabled the MIDI Output to the vci-100 (USB Device (Emulated). My "Send MIDI Clock" setting in traktor pro has never been on. Also, I had quite a long USB cable to the vci-100, so I swapped it out for the short cable that came with my vci-100. I'm powering the vci-100 through the USB cable.

So far so, good. Problem seems to be solved. I hope this helps someone.

-doctrorgrim

Tech Wizard

Yeah, if I disable the LED output it's not a problem for me anymore either... but I depend on my LED's pretty much, and disabling them will mean that I have to buy yet another controller to get all the functionality i need.

Did the power adaptor allow you to use the functionality of the LED's?

After realizing that the lights don't work if I disable MIDI output to the VCI-100, I turned it back on. Lights are working and no lock ups to speak of so far. My hunch is the problem was my USB cable. It's about 10 feet long, over that distance the USB power may be dropping too low. For whatever it's worth...

-doctorgrim

Tech Wizard

Ok... so I've got an expensive usb cable and an apator.... and so far I've had zero crashes while using traktor in a regular manner.

However, when i tried to overload it by assigning a lot of LED toggles to my jog and started spinning it, traktor froze almost instantly, which means that the problem isn't fully solved yet.

Can I get some information as to exactly what is overloading the VCI and exactly how much information you can send to it without risking a crash?

How are Ean Goldens maps working out for all you others? (I'm running regular 1.2 firmware and hasn't tried one out yet myself) And has Ean himself commented this problem anywhere, since he uses some LED effects and has a Vestax hookup... does he know what functions or methods of mapping to avoid to not risk crashes, and if so, which are they?

Got the same problem too. I can reproduce it on my 2 laptops quite easiely. I'm loading a track in 2 decks and spin the jogwheels like crazy in vinyl mode. After 30-60 seconds of doin that, sound stops and I have to turn off the VCI to "unfreeze" Traktor. If I don't do this "stresstest" with the jogwheels, traktor keeps freezing randomly by using the wheels or knobs. Buttons seem not to be affected.

It doesn't matter if I plug in a 9V powersupply, use standart or modified .tsi, turn off MIDI-clock or use another of my 4 Soundcards.

I can avoid the whole problem by turning the MIDI output off, but this kinda sucks hard cause i miss the LED feedback. But i have to do it cause i cant risk such a freeze in the club. Mailed the NI supportteam but no response yet.

Usin: VCI 100 silver, FW 1.2, WinXP SP3, Audio 8 DJ, short high quality USB cable with golden contacts and ferrite.

Heres a threat in the NI forum about it.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=80880

Same thing is happening to me.

Just got an adapter for my VCI-100 and running off of a short cable (really doubt it's the cable, though).

Here's my setup:

- VCI-100 Silver with 1.3 FW
    - Traktor Pro with most recent updates
    - Fast Track Pro with most recent drivers
    - Audio 8 DJ
    - Win XP SP3

I first found the problem when I was about 38 minutes into a set and the decks stopped responding.

One of the things I found lets on that the problem is about to happen is the LEDs "flickering" and generally looking like they're out of phase or something.

Same thing is happening to me.

Just got an adapter for my VCI-100 and running off of a short cable (really doubt it's the cable, though).

Here's my setup:

- VCI-100 Silver with 1.3 FW
    - Traktor Pro with most recent updates
    - Fast Track Pro with most recent drivers
    - Audio 8 DJ
    - Win XP SP3

I first found the problem when I was about 38 minutes into a set and the decks stopped responding.

One of the things I found lets on that the problem is about to happen is the LEDs "flickering" and generally looking like they're out of phase or something.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast