Traktor Pro is locking up - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

OK I came home, and the first thing I tried was using the original tsi file that came with Traktor Pro and it still locked up while getting wild on the jog wheel, so I went back to Ean's .tsi file and I noticed something. using the fx faders while doing what I was doing on the jog wheels, it never crashed but while playing around on the jog wheels mainly using Beatmasher and Echo playback would stop. Traktor Pro never froze just playback would stop, I could still go into options and move around in Traktor Pro, just the songs could not play until I turn off the VCI. I've tried going from 2ms to 26ms in latency and the problem still persists. I would have hoped for it to slack up a bit but still it was doing the same thing each time. The song I was playing around with this time was M.I.A. "Paper Planes". I've sent a message to the M-audio forum hopefully they will be able to give me a little assistance with this cause if its their drivers its due time for an update since Traktor Pro is out now.
    DJ BIG Q. (HIP HOP/ OLD SKOOL)
    myspace page
    Gear: Fujitsu LifeBook N6220 (Pentium Centrino M Processor 750 1.86GHz, 3GB RAM, 1x 200GB and 1x 500GB HDDs, XP Pro), Traktor Pro 2.1, VCI-100 Black SE, M-Audio FastTrack Pro Soundcard, and Blue-Ice 5000W Amplifier.

Hey folks, Ok I found the issue and the problem wasn't in the vci nor the soundcard, but actually Traktor, when I first bought traktor, and my sound card I was trying to get them to work right, and I selected somethings in options which proved to be fatal for operation. In Midi Setup I selected Send Midi Clock also in loading there was a check by reset functions when loading a track, well I don't think that had anything to do with it, but once I have something the way I like it I don't want it to reset, so I unchecked it. After that I started back to conducting my tests my sound card was still at 26ms in latency, so when I played the songs and got crazy on all controls, nothing happened, and so i kept on, and still nothing happened as in the song didn't freeze, so I didn't get so happy there, I went in the sound cards latency and went from 26ms to 6ms to see would it still work great, and Yes it did, so I droped it to 4ms and left it there and this morning I woke up and the first thing I did was play with 10 tracks back to back and not one time did it stutter freeze or hickup. Problem solved and I think its because of that Midi Clock function I had checked. Anyway Thanx everybody for your help!
    myspace page
    Gear: Fujitsu LifeBook N6220 (Pentium Centrino M Processor 750 1.86GHz, 3GB RAM, 1x 200GB and 1x 500GB HDDs, XP Pro), Traktor Pro 2.1, VCI-100 Black SE, M-Audio FastTrack Pro Soundcard, and Blue-Ice 5000W Amplifier.

Tech Convert

Hey, I'm having pretty much the same problem. Except, I'm using 2 different PCs with different audio cards. I've got a VCI-100 (pretty sure it's 1.0fw, upgrade is in the mail), and out of the blue traktor stops responding to the vci and audio stops playing. All track controls are unresponsive, even with a mouse. However, the non-control items work fine (settings, etc). Once I turn off the VCI, traktor fires back up and is sluggish to control (sucks in a mix). If I turn the VCI back on it resumes control again for a few minutes.

I've got a dell laptop(Core duo/XPMCE) with an M-Audio connectiv as well as a homebuilt with a lexicon lamda(Core2 3.2/XP). I'm about to try again on another machine with FS2, I'm guessing I'll get the same errors. No other apps seem to have this problem. Even Deckadance inside Live with Torq rewired shows no problems.

I've tried disabling the midi-clock, using midi-yoke, and tons of other options. Any help would be awesome.

Tech Wizard

Default Techy's Please?

Judging by the Native Instruments Forums and also the DJTT this is beginning to look like a problem we need some extra help with. My soundcard drivers and Traktor are both the latest updates. I've gone through what i believe is every possible avenue to discover this problem and all i can take it down to is either a large amount of people have underpowered USB ports (Does anyone know how to check this) or the VCI has some sort of a short or surge problem which is causing it to drop out like this.

Maybe we should start a thread for solving traktor freeze ups with a questionaire including:
    1. What version of traktor/traktor pro we are running.
    2. What type of soundcard and what type of port it is run from (USB/Firewire)
    3. Any other hardware running and if it effects anything upon removal
    4. What specs computer
    5. What firmware VCI

Any other suggestions of what questions to include? What does everyone think of this idea?

I'd hate to go out and fork out $thousands$ only to find out a certain type of firmware or hardware/software is causing this problem so personally i'd like to try this out for a month and see what we get out of it. I am now running my setup at a stable enough rate that i can turn my VCI on and off maybe 3 times a night without it affecting my mixing but obviously with the time and money we put into these systems this is still not acceptable and still an inconvenience.

I'd be more than happy to monitor the thread and try to converse with some of the other more knowledgable personal on this site to try to pinpoint what is happening here as considering the time i've personally put into it already i may as well follow it out until the end as part of the team.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. LET US MIX TO OUR FULL EXTENT!!! haha

Well I am using M-Audio Fast Track Pro, and my drivers came out in like June, but the issue I was having in Traktor was I had the Send Midi Clock option checked in the Midi Setup. After That I Started trying to mix again and the Freeze issue was gone, so to see was it the Send Midi Clock option that was causing the issue, I reselected it and tried to mix again, and sure enough Playback froze, so I unselected the Send Midi Clock, and my issue has been no more since my last post here. Ive really been having fun with Traktor Pro and the VCI since then. So if you have the Send Midi clock option checked in the Midi Setup, just uncheck it and see what happens. I am using FW 1.3 though and if you are using FW 1.0, or FW 1.2 it could be issues with the FW. but FW 1.3 works for me.
    myspace page

Tech Convert

upgraded to 1.3 firmware, no change. Still locks.

I just want to be very clear that this is in no way firmware related but very much a driver/traktor bug. That being said, if you have this problem, providing full working specs could help identify a common variable.

Tech Convert

I upgraded to traktor 1.0.2, no dice. Lockup city.

Then, I upgraded my tks to the new one..... Seems that last tpro tks is a likely culprit.

A couple hours solid now with no hang ups. Also, my buttons don't seem to have the slight rapid flash as before once 2 or more decks were going.

Tech Convert

... fuck... and there it goes.

Tech Convert

Well, I'm about to try this on another laptop that has a fresh copy of XP SP3. I'm wondering if all the programming tools/debuggers I use on my other 2 machines aren't screwing it up.

I'm pretty sure it's not the device or the firmware since I've been running it through midi-ox to monitor the midi-in out. The midi signals seem to keep going after traktor freezes and nothing else seems out of the ordinary.

If that doesn't work, I'll take a deeper look at the midi-sys messages and see if I can't filter out any offending messages (haven't seen anything yet).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast