dubstep mix-done live

Default dubstep mix-done live

First off credit to patient 287 for his darth vader idea...it was genious and i had to use it at this club

Yeah i recorded the dubstep portion of my mix for the night...thats why the transition into Deadmau5 sucked major ass haha but no excuses...feedback welcome plz!

feed back would be nice :/

regarding the intro: when you set the grid for your vocal only samples, set it so a multiple of 8 or 16 (depending on your bpm) is the number of beats long that the sample is.

also, make the last grid marker on the very end of the sample.
    what was the track at 9:00? i cant remember for the life of me
    at 10:14- dont be afraid to suddenly drop vocals in! as long as theres not an overly loud or disruptive noise on the first beat. (a simple kick or snare is ok)
    i have no idea what was going on with the sound at 13:00, even after 'the song came up' it sounded muffled. im not sure if thats just how the track is or not.

blood red-feed me...just came out christmas

also for 10:14 im doing this at a party so i didnt wanna make fuck up sound to obvious so i tried to be more safe then sorry haha but i completly know what your talking about and ill try to work on finding the right volume

13:00 yup thats how the song is..prob should raise the mid/high's right?

oh i thought you just did this on the fly. i see now, yeah, better safe than sorry.

and i would make a mental note to raise at least the highs a bit when playing that track. or screw with the EQ till it sounds right and record it like that, and use that recording instead.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

dont quite get what ur talking about with the sample beat grid thing tho

so you have to screw with the bpm until your sample is 8, 16, 24, etc beats long.

you know you have it right when the grid line representing the first beat (you can count manually or turn on the beat counter that shows up above the waveform) is at the very end of the track.

so while listening to it, the very start should be beat 1, but you can count along with it as it goes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1<- that 1 should be at the end of the sound/wave.

just by ear you should set that accapella at 65 ish and work with it from there.

so now, you can load up your track in deck b and the sample in a

hit sync on a

and hit play on both at the same time and right after vader is done saying 'father' the song on b drops

basically youre tricking traktor into speeding up or slowing the song so its in beat for you.
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

aaahhh that makes sense...thanks

no problem man