traktor stuff preview - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    In the video its branded traktor scratch pro, so my thinking is software upgrade will be free but features will be locked down to the new sound cards.
    If that were true, NI would probably lose me as a customer. I've been pissed off for quite a long time because of the file caching/m4a bug that was fixed only recently. If they'd force me to buy a whole package including soundcard for no obvious reason - hello serato!

On the other hand, I don't think NI will piss off loyal users by forcing them to dump their expensive, not very old and perfectly up-to-par hardware because of a new software version. My guess is that current scratch pro users will be able to use the new scratch pro version with their "old" sound cards (after a paid software upgrade that is).

My thinking is the software will not be free, and the features will not be locked to soundcards (but you will as before, need a Traktor Scratch certified soundcard to scratch, Traktor certified meaning the old soundcards, mixers, and the new soundcards).

Yes, there may be some fancy routings that only the newer cards can pull off, but the S4 stuff is easily possible for an audio8 (the S4 basically has an audio4).

Look at Guitar Rig. They are on the 3rd controller, and the 4th generation of software. The 1st generation controller is still supported.

Look at Kore, they are on the 2nd controller, yet the 1st is still supported.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 01-11-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

good news indeed

I'm liking the way this is looking... But I'm a big fan of open source and the sorts, if this update is going to force me to have a soundcard to be able to even run the software I'm going to be looking at moving to Ableton.

Same reason I don't use Protools or Serato. :-/

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Looks like my post is null.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    In the video its branded traktor scratch pro, so my thinking is software upgrade will be free but features will be locked down to the new sound cards.
    I don't think so. The soundcards already sell good without such patronising.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

ctrld

who didn't instantly know that the S4 hitting the market before xmas is nothing but a vista maneuver (overhyped large-scale public beta)? maybe those who jumped on it like flies on a fresh steaming turd.

NI can't afford to lock down features to the new hardware because there will be blood (I'm speaking of those who own a TS certified mixer like the xone:4d or evo5), but I'm pretty sure the update won't be free - think TS --> TSP.

otherwise, meh. the hype machine just doesn't work on me anymore. I can rock out with my cock out and it doesn't matter if I own the most recent traktor version... I'm just a tiny bit curious about the features, but I suppose it will be a couple of months before it's had enough bugfixes for it to be taken seriously.

Whats not working for me is Mr. Blurrycam.
    You're right on the lack of really cool features.

VDJ users had disco sirens and lil john yeah's forever.

Tech Guru

NI wouldn't lock down features like that because NI and Serato have completely different business models.

NI makes their money charging consumers for software. Yes they sell hardware but it's not the core of their business. Serato makes their money licensing technology to companies that make dj hardware. They in turn dont charge customers for the software itself. Huge difference.

Not here to debate which one is better. Just throwing it out there.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

The software which comes bundled with the Fisher Price controller beats them both anyways

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd4I-...layer_embedded

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast