Transition from PC to MAc is a nightmare with my VCI-100
    Tech Convert

Default Transition from PC to MAc is a nightmare with my VCI-100

I hope someone will take pity on me with my terrible terrible experience I am having at the moment. I'm a young broke student. I've been mixing music for about going onto 5 years now(started very young). DJTT has been there for me every step of the way, and as I grew as a better mixer, my equipment began to get better and better. For awhile I mixed with nothing but a computer. I later saved enough to buy myself a VCI-100 after graduating secondary school. I mixed in the most mundane places and whenever i got the chance. I then was able to afford a external soundcard that worked(you suck echo indigo!!!). I began throwing my own events around Chicago and have been doing my thing since. I had gone from traktor 3 to duo instead of pro awhile back.Truely missing the ability to record good sound quality mixes, having to revert to external recorders with shit quality. I then decided to buy a mac book pro to step up my game.I began to get excited as the layout I dreamed of for years was almost complete. The last thing to do was to upgrade to PRO and transfer all my music from my old pc to my mac...hours and hours and hours went into this transition. Finally when I sat to finally record a good mix after all this time, the midi mappings for the vci did not work!!! I've spent hours now rummaging through the forums of NI, DJTT and looking at vestex's tsi's and nothing! no matter what I do the standard tsi's do not work. When I try to use a user mad tsi, I find myself wanting to rip my hair out!!! I spent a year and a half getting accustomed to the standard midi mapping and its no longer anywhere in sight...I'M LIVING A NIGHTMARE

welcome to the forum, you might want to put a few line breaks in future posts

Can you upload a picture of your controller manager with the VCI mapping you're trying to use selected?

Do you know what version of the VCI firmware you have? Have you looked into upgrading to the DJTT firmware 1.4 and using their mapping?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Thank you for the warm welcome. I wish I had joined before I just never gained the balls to really pip in. Sorry for the long ranting post...

it's be a frustrating day and I'm exhausted. I believe I am running firmware 1.2. I believe though that I may have solved my problem in a sense, having looked into Dj Rican's tsi and tweaking out the effects. I am still concerned over the problem I was having. Seems, its quite curious that factory standard tsi are unable to open, while user made tsi are...

From what I've seen in in NI's forums, I'm not the only user of a mac/traktor/vci-100 who is having problems with the set-up. Has me questioning is the VCI-100 really done for. For what I've seen it has little to no support service now...

Looking at the pricing also, it is but a fraction of the price I payed a year and a half ago...

Honestly I believe that the VCI was the staple controller for digital dj's, will it soon be the out-dated and forgotten hardware of our community?...I'm ranting again sorry...

this is what happens when the quite person finally pipes in after a long time of just observation

Vestax may be moving on but DJTT is still keeping up active support by providing mappings and setting up a refurbishment and resale system.

I can't recommend upgrading firmware and using the DJTT mapping enough, I've said it many times before but it really does turn the VCI into a whole new creature.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Convert

Ever soooo true... Hence me coming to DJTT for support other than going down the usual consumer path.

I agree also, with more thought on the subject i realize now, that the beauty and true awesomeness of this machine is the ability to do what you will with it.With endless possibilities for customization. The VCI-100 and it's fans will be like muscle cars and their enthusiasts...

That was the closest relationship I could think up of, soooooo......I am still waiting to take this machine to the shop and load on some arcade buttons and extra LED's...

Then my set-up will truly be complete,then nothing can stop me MUAHAHAHA!!!

just kidding, I dont really believe any dj is totally comfortable with what set-up they have. There's always something better thats seems to be missing. ALWAYS IS

Everybody has to chase that tiger of "the perfect set-up" I doubt anyone ever really gets there though

haha that certainly applies to me. I'll be happy when i get a new piece of gear and then soon after it's like, this is great. But if I got one of those....

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

So, did you get your problem solved? And welcome!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Thank you photojojo for the welcome. In reply I would say, in a sense I have fixed my problem. But I couldn't do it without DJTT and my own ability to map my own controller.

I do believe though, this should be a problem that should be addressed immediately. For many new comers to the VCI-100 are finding great difficulty getting the set-up to work.

From last night, I gather that both Vestex and NI are abandoning support services for the the VCI-100. It's beginning to look like this community that we have in this website will be the only real source of support for the near future with anything VCI-100 related.

Then again they canceled production of the VCI-100. So I'm not too concern over how many people will be newcomers to the controller. But indeed there is a select few and when I say few I mean hundreds around the world(insignificant in numbers) but when we think of our community. This is a pretty bulky number.

I only hope that these new cats can find this website and this forum. If it wasn't for discovering DJTT early on in my career, I doubt I would have made it this far.

I'm a little bit regretful over the though of how many times I recommended people to get the VCI-100 every time I was asked for advice. I was an instructor at the DJ collective at my college and I really pushed this product HARD on my students.

Seeing the many problems new VCI-100 users are having, is kind of a shock. I'm left to reflect over how many cats I may have fucked over. Oh well, if I ever run into one again, I'll forward them to the forums.

I just hope I can snatch myself one more VCI-100 before the stock runs out.