Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Soundcloud

47 67.14%
  • Mixcloud

23 32.86%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by itskindahot View Post
    idk about other countries but in the US there is no substantial legal difference between making audio available via streaming vs. making it available for downloading.
    This is incorrect. downloading a file is mechanical license. (like making a cd). streaming is broadcast license (like radio). 2 VERY different things in the US.

Every CD says "unauthorized distribution and duplication is prohibited" which is what you are doing when you put it on soundcloud (mixed or not, overlayed with 'funkytown' or not).

streaming is what 365live and mixcloud do and can get similar license for performing the track in a broadcast just like radio. your nightclubs and restaurants have license to play music (ascap and bmi stickers on the door and such).

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggers View Post
    mixcloud for mixes, soundcloud for productions.
    This is exactly what I think 100%

I would rather use my soundcloud time for original tracks I've made, and put up mixes on my Mixcloud
    Look at me! I'm on the internet!

Anyone thought about using podomatic or just using itunes to broadcast podcasts?
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I do that, but I haven't stepped up and paid for Podomatic time. I wish there was a way to embed Podomatic mixes on here. That would be enticing indeed.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Yup or 9€ a month. The 12 hours gets added on to whatever time you already had on there. For example, if you had an account when it was totally free and had no upload limits, and say had 12 hours of mixes on there already, you'd have 24 hours like me
    Well aren't you a bastard... :|
    So if I upgrade from my 4 hours to Solo, I'll have 16? Still not bad. Might take the plunge.

what i mean is that when they got popular and changed to the account system, anyone that had mixes up there already got to keep their hours they already had, in our case about 12 i believe, even on the "free" plan. Now we have 23 and a bit, go figure
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    what i mean is that when they got popular and changed to the account system, anyone that had mixes up there already got to keep their hours they already had, in our case about 12 i believe, even on the "free" plan. Now we have 23 and a bit, go figure
    thats pretty cool.
    i just recently found out about soundcloud about a year ago

but i'm pretty sure when i got one there was 4 free hours.

Better embeddable players would help Mixcloud score more points in my book.
    And of course downloadable shows but this is probably problematic for them with regards to licensing.
    I guess for that you can always share on official.fm (ex-fairtilizer) as well.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    Better embeddable players would help Mixcloud score more points in my book.
    And of course downloadable shows but this is probably problematic for them with regards to licensing.
    I guess for that you can always share on official.fm (ex-fairtilizer) as well.
    I prefer official.fm over mixcloud.
    It also lets you customize the player and looks more polished overall.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

After having 3 of my mixes removed from soundcloud over the last month due to "copyright issues", I'm done with them. I've moved onto mixcloud except they don't have any facebook integration at all. Anyone know any site that has facebook integration like soundcloud (clickable player in post/bandpage tab)?
    Last edited by atticus18244fsas; 01-20-2011 at 06:05 PM.
    Hercules Steel Controller
    Native Instrument Audio 2

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast