OT: Techno documantary "speaking in code" online - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by D!RK View Post
    great documentary ... funny i will be going to see Robag Wruhme tonight here in LA ...
    glad you said that. i had no idea.

see you there =p
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the link. But pretty boring. It's more about their relationship and about a couple of middle of the road djs, well besides modeslektor.

Also, if they wanted to talk about US techno and a scene that is happening now, they could have talked about New York. Sure the techno scene there isn't Berlin, but it's a lot better than Boston. I'd say omitting what goes on in NY was tactical as it allowed them to paint the US and specifically Boston as pretty pathetic. I mean come on, they mention Canada as having a great techno culture compared to the US. Sure Montreal is good, but it's one of the best cities overall in North America. It's not like there's a pumping techno scene in Halifax or Calgary.

I watched the whole thing because I used to work with the main character, David Day. I could say there should have been a lot more on Kompakt and bpitch

I found Making Contakt much more interesting.
    The whole thing is on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JLNl...eature=related

Also, The Creation of Techno Music (HighTechSoul) is informative and quite interesting.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2552584716914#

(I guess They're illegally there and by watching them you're pirating them, so you'll have to consider if you want to watch em. haha).

Hey they are already provided there.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

great documentary ... funny i will be going to see Robag Wruhme tonight here in LA ...
    his set was GREAT. as was vidal's.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Hey they are already provided there.

true

those documentaries are really worth checking out

Quote Originally Posted by mmusic View Post
    Thanks for the link. But pretty boring. It's more about their relationship and about a couple of middle of the road djs, well besides modeslektor.
    True, as a documentary it's not that good. There's not really a goal they're looking for or some subject they try to explore. But let's be honest, there are not many decent docs and books about techno, so anything related will do
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    his set was GREAT. as was vidal's.
    of course .. the droid guys know how to get down ... btw did we run into each other that night?

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Guru

of course .. the droid guys know how to get down ... btw did we run into each other that night?
    probably not, was hangin out with my girl outside most of the time, or in that giant line at the bar.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234