Headphones - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Headphones

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I have the worst head cold I have ever had in my life right now so perhaps I should wait until it subsides as to gain a more accurate opinion of the phones.
    +1 Yes wait until you are 100% better before going testing in the shop, your sinus' will be blocked which will affect ALOT what frequencies you can hear properly and the volume levels you need to sound acceptable.

Bring two or three tracks you know inside out how they should sound, something quiet & instrumental, Something Bassy, Something Noisy.

Tech Mentor

I paid $160 for a new set of AIAIAI TMA-1's....If youre looking in the $150 range, find a good price on TMA-1s and click 'BUY'. You will not regret it.
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

Tech Mentor

Like deevey described and what I have previously mentioned, if you just want to mix, you can practically use anything to mix with as long as you can hear what's coming out of it loud enough. It doesn't mean that it's going to sound great but it will get the job done.

However, a good healthy bump to the lower frequencies along with a bump to the higher frequencies will help out A LOT. Also, like deevey mentions, buy well once and it will last you for a very long time. Headphones are an investment that is just as important as your turntables/CDJs/mixer/controller. Think of it like this, you're probably going to be out and about listening to music and with portable music listening, you'll need a pair of headphones. So if you're going to get a pair for mixing, might as well invest a bit more for a pair that will sound great for your day to day use as well as being great for mixing with. A great pair of headphones not only pulls double duty but at the end of the day, it's an investment that pays off in spades over time.

Here's the thing that I find ridiculous, people always asks questions about what is the best controller, or mixer, or turntable, or CDJs, etc. but when it comes to headphones, they treat that purchase like a redheaded step child. If you're going to get into DJing, you're going to be listening to a lot of music both while your not mixing as well as when you're mixing, a pair of headphones is going to be one of the most used piece of gear out of your arsenal, might as well get a great pair.

Tech Mentor

hey, just wanted to chime in and let you know what I think as I own the V-moda Crossfade LPs and the HDJ-2000s. From what I understand you want a headphone that you can use both for your day-day things + djing. When it comes down to that I think the V-moda lp is the better choice. I've had the lp's for way over a year now and they're built to last. Once you break them in they sound a LOT better. It is true that they emphasize the low end more then your typical dj headphone, but thats because its meant to be used with your ipod/mp3/phone as well.

The HDJ-2000s are great headphones, I've just got mine about a month ago and I can't say nothing but good things about em. Although if you will be using them for your ipod on the go, then your cable will sure piss you off Also the LP's are really comfortable, too me more comfortable then my 2000s. In the end you should try all your options out before you make your decision. Everyone is different when it comes to comfort/fit so it will come down to that.

If you have any questions about the v-modas, feel free to ask

Here's the thing that I find ridiculous, people always asks questions about what is the best controller, or mixer, or turntable, or CDJs, etc. but when it comes to headphones, they treat that purchase like a redheaded step child. If you're going to get into DJing, you're going to be listening to a lot of music both while your not mixing as well as when you're mixing, a pair of headphones is going to be one of the most used piece of gear out of your arsenal, might as well get a great pair.
    Well said! ..

A good set of headphones will probably outlast every piece of gear you own and will be the most used. Not something to skimp on or tread lightly about, kinda like underwear.

Default Headphones

No mention of numark red waves anyone try them just curious on them... Have a lower end pair of Bose ones I got lower as in under 200 quality of sound amazing but all plastic worries me.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone

Numark Redwave = Skullcandy and Sony v700's had a baby.

Default Headphones

Ba ah haha ok so good for a iPod headphone or is quality of sound good for the 99 dolla price tag?

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dookiex View Post
    Like deevey described and what I have previously mentioned, if you just want to mix, you can practically use anything to mix with as long as you can hear what's coming out of it loud enough. It doesn't mean that it's going to sound great but it will get the job done.

However, a good healthy bump to the lower frequencies along with a bump to the higher frequencies will help out A LOT. Also, like deevey mentions, buy well once and it will last you for a very long time. Headphones are an investment that is just as important as your turntables/CDJs/mixer/controller. Think of it like this, you're probably going to be out and about listening to music and with portable music listening, you'll need a pair of headphones. So if you're going to get a pair for mixing, might as well invest a bit more for a pair that will sound great for your day to day use as well as being great for mixing with. A great pair of headphones not only pulls double duty but at the end of the day, it's an investment that pays off in spades over time.

Quote Originally Posted by SJJVEN View Post
    hey, just wanted to chime in and let you know what I think as I own the V-moda Crossfade LPs and the HDJ-2000s. From what I understand you want a headphone that you can use both for your day-day things + djing. When it comes down to that I think the V-moda lp is the better choice. I've had the lp's for way over a year now and they're built to last. Once you break them in they sound a LOT better. It is true that they emphasize the low end more then your typical dj headphone, but thats because its meant to be used with your ipod/mp3/phone as well.

The HDJ-2000s are great headphones, I've just got mine about a month ago and I can't say nothing but good things about em. Although if you will be using them for your ipod on the go, then your cable will sure piss you off Also the LP's are really comfortable, too me more comfortable then my 2000s. In the end you should try all your options out before you make your decision. Everyone is different when it comes to comfort/fit so it will come down to that.

If you have any questions about the v-modas, feel free to ask
    Yes! thank you so much. I'm going to check out the v-modas at the apple store this weekend so hopefully they'll have them. And it's not that I'm trying to skimp out on a headphone, I'm fine with paying for senns, it's just that I want whatever I'm going to buy to be extremely comfortable. That's my main concern.

Ba ah haha ok so good for a iPod headphone or is quality of sound good for the 99 dolla price tag?
    Sound is "passable" build quality leaves something to be desired, honestly I'd just stay away unless you just want a fashion accessory (and i don't think they look stylish whatsoever).

There's much better out there with a $100 or thereabouts budget.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast