Headphones - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Headphones

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    Senns come with a standard warranty but everything is replaceable so if you do manage to break them (which is unlikely) then you can get parts for it. Basically you'll have them for life. Theres a guy selling second hand ones in the buy and sell section for $150 (http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45721)
    Not sure I'm too keen on buying used headphones, but it doesn't make much a difference if they're used right? Amazon has them for $190 shipped which is a little better.

Just so I can try to get an unbiased opinion (since everyone typically promotes senns) in what instances would you encourage the v-moda's over the senns?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Just because you have $150 to spend, doesn't mean you have to spend it all in one shop

I was gonna chime in (once again) and say sony MDR-V6's, but the price seems to have gone up $50 in the past month to the same price as.....

The almost identical (gold plug is the difference) Sony MDR-7506's

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_t_2"]Amazon.com: Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41YPVE2TWNL.@@AMEPARAM@@41YPVE2TWNL[/ame]

They really will last forever and sound awesome on the road or in a studio.

I can't say enough good words about the HD25's either, so comfortable and light sound great with oodles of volume, they add a lil too much "oomph" factor, my ears got fatigued pretty fast during day to day listening.

Sony V700's fall apart, as do Pioneer 1000's, the 500's are prosumer but feel well built, more like senn's.

I wouldn't even dream of skull candy's .. they are fashion accessories, not tools (and you need a tool).

Tech Mentor

I would go with HD-25-1 ii, Ultrasone DJ1 Pros (even though they are ugly, they still deliver phenomenal SQ, decent isolation, and built like a tank), and the Pioneer HDJ-2000. All three are in the $200-$250 range and will last you basically a lifetime. I've personally dealt with all three manufacturers and their customer service and repairs are excellent.

As an aside, I can't believe people are considering things such as Vmoda and Skullcandy. Blegh.

Tech Mentor

Not considering skullcandy at all, those things are crap!

V-moda just seemed like the better option since i'm not a professional dj and more designed for casual listening. I casually listen to music and study more than I dj plus they are much cheaper than the others and seem to be, based on reviews, on a similar playing field as the senns so there is the basis of my argument for the v-moda's.

Not gonna lie, looks are important to me and I really like the look of the senns as well as the v-modas. They both look streamlined, lightweight and more in the range of what I'm looking for.

I suppose in a nutshell I am looking more for a casual listener than a dj'ing headphone but still have the option to mix with my headphone

I'm gonna have to visit the apple store and guitar center to see if they have either of these to test them out

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rcs1113 View Post
    Not considering skullcandy at all, those things are crap!

V-moda just seemed like the better option since i'm not a professional dj and more designed for casual listening. I casually listen to music and study more than I dj plus they are much cheaper than the others and seem to be, based on reviews, on a similar playing field as the senns so there is the basis of my argument for the v-moda's.

Not gonna lie, looks are important to me and I really like the look of the senns as well as the v-modas. They both look streamlined, lightweight and more in the range of what I'm looking for.

I suppose in a nutshell I am looking more for a casual listener than a dj'ing headphone but still have the option to mix with my headphone

I'm gonna have to visit the apple store and guitar center to see if they have either of these to test them out
    Stay away from vmoda, even for casual listening, they are pretty sub par and sound bloated and muddy. Your best bet honestly would be HD-25-1 ii's as well as the Pioneer HDJ-2000. The Senns are going to run you about $200, the HDJ-2000 about $230 if you order them from B&H Photo. I wouldn't suggest the Ultrasones for casual listening mainly due to them being pretty big physically and with a very heavy cord thus not a good fit for wearing around outside.

Let's put it this way, the phones I've suggested will last you for years even if you're the type that abuses equipment, these things will take a beating without a sweat. You're basically paying a little more now but after 3-4 years of owning them and with them still working like they were when you bought them, you actually end up saving money in the long run.

Tech Guru

Fucking sony v6s. Close the thread.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    Fucking sony v6s. Close the thread.
    No way, for DJ cans, the V6 are a bit too analytical and anemic.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dookiex View Post
    Stay away from vmoda, even for casual listening, they are pretty sub par and sound bloated and muddy. Your best bet honestly would be HD-25-1 ii's as well as the Pioneer HDJ-2000. The Senns are going to run you about $200, the HDJ-2000 about $230 if you order them from B&H Photo. I wouldn't suggest the Ultrasones for casual listening mainly due to them being pretty big physically and with a very heavy cord thus not a good fit for wearing around outside.

Let's put it this way, the phones I've suggested will last you for years even if you're the type that abuses equipment, these things will take a beating without a sweat. You're basically paying a little more now but after 3-4 years of owning them and with them still working like they were when you bought them, you actually end up saving money in the long run.
    Yea just as you posted that I came across this forum which had a pretty good discussion on the m-80 and hd-25:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/586863/senn...moda-m-80-v-80

I think I am going to go with the hd-25 but I'm just weary of comfortability as some people say the senns put a lot of pressure on the head/ears and can cause headaches.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dookiex View Post
    No way, for DJ cans, the V6 are a bit too analytical and anemic.
    Bullshit. If Derrick Carter uses them, some hack playing in the best top 40 club in bumfuck nowhere will be absolutely fine.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rcs1113 View Post
    Yea just as you posted that I came across this forum which had a pretty good discussion on the m-80 and hd-25:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/586863/senn...moda-m-80-v-80

I think I am going to go with the hd-25 but I'm just weary of comfortability as some people say the senns put a lot of pressure on the head/ears and can cause headaches.
    If you wear glasses, they COULD pose a problem depending on how the arms of your glasses sits over and around your ears. If not, it's not really that bad, you'll get use to the pressure. The isolation on the HD-25-1 ii's are PHENOMENAL. The outside world is basically dead to you. You should also definitely check out the Pioneer HDJ-2000's. They only cost about $30 more than the Senns (I found that B&H has them for the lowest price) and are considerably more comfortable as they sit AROUND your ears. However, the HDJ-2000's have considerably heavier emphasis on the lower frequency response so, if you're a stickler for wanting to hear your music as true to the source as possible, then you might probably want to stick with the Senns, if you're ok with the extra oomph in the bass department, definitely try out the HDJ-2000s

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast