I Love My Midifighter (Contribute!)
    Tech Mentor

Default I Love My Midifighter (Contribute!)

Hi guys,
    Got my midifighter last week, put it together, and started playing around with it a lot... At first sight, my parents were questioning my sanity after I told them i paid $180 for this thing....And I was beginning to question my logic too.

Then i discovered deckalized mapping, and what i could really do with this awesome thing. My lpd8 is gathering dust right now.. I am absolutely blown away.. I can completely do a set with one of these in AB Focus deckalized and an external mixer...

Wow...

This thing is so worth the money, and the durability of the triggers means it's not going to fail anytime soon

So this brings up the question
    How do you feel about your midifighter? Success stories? troubles? failures? Contribute to this thread and feel free to share everything and anything midifighter!

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

I had my first Midifighter's board fail and my second midifighter was missing about 3 parts (I took the DiY route). Aside from that their absolutely amazing. The only thing missing from them for me is a filter knob and maybe a knob or two for controlling the delay amounts. Aside from that I have 3 of them, use two for deckalized, one for 24/7 cue and sample deck control, and a Xone 2d as a soundcard and some extra knobs and faders.

Their amazing, although I'm not thrilled at the lack of resources for DiY (videos and anything aside from forum post).
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Great wee controllers,
    I have two Midifighters, one for each deck control (deckalised mapping)

Got a cue master on the way!

When I get my Cue Master, I'm gonna have a set up like Ty's

Cue Master for deck A, Midifighter for deck B and a Midifighter for cues and sample decks.

So that should give me total control over Traktor in external mixing mode
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

I just got my Midi fighter a few days ago and I'm appalled at how well It works. I'm not a full blown, cue-point-controllerist, I'm using it for fx(Insta-Grat) Until I can get a BeatMasher but this little thing is amazing. When I first thought of buying one I thiought "Hm how will I make this work with hardstyle and ja normal DJ st" But now that I've broken it in, this thing is a god send, Thank you DJTT
    Dell Inspiron 15r,4 gig ram,720HDDSerato Itch,Pioneer DDJTS1,Pioneer HDJ500
    Ableton Suite ,Akai Apc40,Akai LPD8,LPK25,NI Audio 2
    The Echo Reflex(T.E.RF)http://www.mixcloud.com/TERF/