Mr. Blenderson's Dicer Mapping for Traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Here's to you Mr Blenderson. Cheers. I had been going through the same problems and your mapping loaded up like a charm. I havent tested it yet, but I'm just thrilled to see that mapping table load up. Thanks a lot.

Awesome, glad to be of help! Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. I wouldn't mind making another version if anyone is interested.

@tombruton69
    I've used Traktor on an optimized, powerful PC and Mac and have always noticed just the tiniest delay when adding the load-effect step.

just got sum dicers this afdternoon.....and this seems 2 b the 1st mapping that works like it says.....plus its very effective....lovin it! Good Work!

Awesome glad you're digging it!
    I'm thinking about making a standalone version, to use the dicers w/o vinyl control. Right now I use the dvs for transport, pitch, and song selection/loading and I'd like to be able to just use the dicers if they're arent decks available.

want me to explain how my dicer only mpping is supposed to work?

3 layers (when you hold the layer button, it will be layers 4-6, 4 and 1 being at the top)

layer 1:
    cue points 1-5 according to the button.

layer 2:
    button 1- cue point 6
    button 2- cue point 7
    button 3- cue point 8
    button 4- empty (can be an FX preset)
    button 5- empty (can be an FX preset)

layer 3:
    button 1- sync
    button 2- empty (i planned this to be a buffer to avoid accidental button presses)
    button 4- play/ pause
    button 5- load (make sure you have the deck locked)

layer 4:
    delete cues 1-5

layer 5:
    button 1- delete cue 6
    button 2- delete cue 7
    button 3- delete cue 8
    button 4- empty (alternative FX parameters to the corresponding button on layer 2)
    button 5- empty (alternative FX parameters to the corresponding button on layer 2)

layer 6:
    buttons 1, 2, 4, and 5empty

button 3- modifier 2 on the left controller and modifier 3 on the right
    this is to expand the # of buttons, or 4 deck control.

to do this: duplicate all deck A controls, and change the focus to C. make the conditions: when M2=1 for the one controlling deck A/C

then duplicate all deck B controls, and change the focus to D. make the conditions: when M3=1 for the one controlling deck B/D

i tried this out but messed it up and was too lazy to fix it.
    remember that to have the LEDs update for the cuepoints and such, you need the send monitor state command.

i had the led's set so when there is no cue point it is off, if there is one it is red.
    then i messed around with the rest. also remember that with the sync and load you have to set the led to hold, so it only stays lit when its pressed.

i also use sync ONLY to get the bpms the same. (but i was using my normal controller with them at the time, so i had the jogs control all 4 decks and the pitch faders control the volume for decks C/D)
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Hey blenderson, I'm with you there. I'm using these with vinyl control, then in situations where I just have to bring the laptop along. Is there any good intro to mapping material that you can pass on or is it a matter of just sitting down and hacking it out. I dont know much about it so if you have references please post.

The best way is just to mess around with it and try things out. The most difficult thing is usually finding which command will do what you want. A good read of the Traktor manual can usually sort out those questions. I always make a point of reading the manual for every piece of hardware and software cover to cover.

nice dicer mapping ...
    Macbook Pro 13 " 2.4 GHz I5 4G Ram, Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 , Novation Dicer
    Vestax PMC 250, Technics 1200, www.mixcloud.com/jerome

Tech Student

Ez Blenderson!
    Mapping looks ideal for me. I'm having one problem though.. The attachment will only download a .htm file.

Tech Student

Hi Blenderson

I'm still having problems even when using your file. I have 4 effect slots all set to chained. No matter what I do layer 2 button 1 thru 5 selects delay and not beatmasher 2.

Something must have changed in 1.27 because I'm sure this used to work just fine. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast