can the modifier in Traktor pro make the controller back to default when switching?
    Tech Student

Default can the modifier in Traktor pro make the controller back to default when switching?

The post about the modifier (midi mapping in Traktor pro) made my apc 40 a beast now that I can map twice as much buttons, however, I still have a question. Is it possible to make the functions reset to default when you press or release your 'shift' (modifier) button. I ask this because I want to map a knob to the EQ and to the dry/wet amount of an effect. It messes up your mix when you switch to the EQ and realize that the low frequencies are all blocked/boosted (because the knob was in that position when I used the effect).

As I fear, this might not be possible because a lot of controllers with knobs don't work with LED's and the knobs won't turn back to their default position on their own and the Traktor mapping is designed for all controllers. The Akai Apc40 can do this though..

Thanks,
    Diver

Tech Guru

Not that I know of Diver,
    My current mapping requires me to turn knobs accordingly or beforehand so I can get a somewhat accurate adjust. You could always map a reset modifier : ].

So bump.

Tech Student

Good idea! Maybe I could just make a reset modifier that automatically activates when i release my first modifier.. Ill try that, thanks for the tip!

As I fear, this might not be possible because a lot of controllers with knobs don't work with LED's and the knobs won't turn back to their default position on their own and the Traktor mapping is designed for all controllers. The Akai Apc40 can do this though.
    I'm not sure I'm understanding completely what you're trying to say, but I think Traktor should be quite capable of dealing with LED feedback for endless encoders (even though I can't test that out myself as I have no controllers which have those)

In any case, you could just use the "Soft Takeover" function for those knobs with multiple functions. It means that nothing happens until the knob has reached the position where it is at in the software. But I'm not a particularly huge fan of this function as I think it's very prone to error - even when sober (but who DJs completely sober anyways? So the probability of error rises even more)
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

do all the necessary mapping and tick "invert" so it acts on the off note.

map midi out the same CC to the knob if you want it to update the hardware knob position when you, for example, are browsing fxs (this however slows down the knob's response as both values are fighting when you move it, it gets worse on higher latency) add +8 to have the output without interfering with the knob's position and be able to have the led rings behave like they do in ableton.

the apc doesn't have true encoders and must be set like regular knobs.

Tech Guru

Diver do that ^ , thanks padi.

Tech Student

Thanks a million to you all! That was exactly what I needed.