EQ Knobs - Is there something like an acceleration option in Traktor Pro?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default EQ Knobs - Is there something like an acceleration option in Traktor Pro?

Hi all! I own a Numark Mixtrack and I'm so far quite happy with it. My only problem for now is that the slightest possible turn of an EQ knob creates a difference of +-10% which is too much for me. My question is, is there an option to make them accelerate when turning, so left end is still -100% and right end is still +100%, but slight turn from 0% position creates a change of lets say +- 1-2% and acceleration compensates when rotating further to 100%. I hope you understand what I mean Since this is more of a traktor programming question I will ask my second question - is it possible to modify the Kill option so that when used it doesnt kill it to -100% but lets say to -50-60% so it doesn't sound so shallow. Thanks!

EDIT: Here is a detailed list what I've tried so far so there are no duplications, the current setting is - KNOB/Direct mode (NOT working as desired, please read posts below for details)

1. Knob/Relative mode - Only rotates in the + section. -100% on the controller = 0% in traktor; 0% on controller = 66% in traktor. 100% controller = 100% traktor
    2. Encoder/Relative mode = EQ jumps between -100% and +100% in traktor = unusable.
    Last edited by Pencheff; 01-02-2011 at 02:58 PM.

I think the rotary sensitivity setting would do the job for you yes.

try setting the knob to direct mode (instead of relative).
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

The EQ knobs are KNOBS, not encoders - they have a ending point at both ends, not freely rotatable. They are, of course, in direct mode, otherwise they wouldn't work. There is no rotary sensitivity option when using knobs in direct mode. Any other suggestions?

Knobs can be set as relative mode in traktor and so you should be able to define the settings to your liking.

Tech Wizard

Ok guys, since noone of you seems to own a mixtrack I will explain further - the EQ knobs have a star and ending point. They are the same as simulated in traktor - meaning when you rotate them to the point where +-100% in traktor is, they can't be rotated further (on the mixtrack, meaning from the hardware). Setting the knob in relative mode gives the following result: -100% on the mixtrack = 0% in traktor. 0% in the mixtrack = +66% in traktor. +100% on the mixtrack = +100% in traktor.

so where it the problem?

if you want to get direct changes in the software (meaning increments of 1-2%) and +-100% in software = +-100% on hardware, change the knobs to direct mode.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    so where it the problem?

if you want to get direct changes in the software (meaning increments of 1-2%) and +-100% in software = +-100% on hardware, change the knobs to direct mode.

read my first post and you will see where the problem is. i get +-10% change with the slightest possible turn which is too much, so i wanted something changed, maybe some acceleration that can make up for it, meaning start with 1% and in the middle accelerate so it ends at -100%

Tech Guru

if its not a continious knob it makes more sence to set it as a direct control

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    if its not a continious knob it makes more sence to set it as a direct control
    thats what I said..
    soundcloud
    facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast