VCI-100, FW 1.2, 2 Decks, Traktor Pro (Scratching, Juggling, Great FX Control) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by corporation View Post
    Once you get an updated f/w, will you be creating versions for users still stuck with the 1.2 f/w (such as myself)?
    Well, I feel like I'm getting pretty close to an ideal layout for FW 1.2, so I'll make sure to keep the latest file, and as soon as I go 1.3, I'll probably only make minor changes to the 1.2 file on occasion, which shouldn't take much time. If there's any big requests for 1.2 version changes, just let me know and maybe I can make a custom version.

Right now, I'm putting the most energy into the 4 deck layout - I just managed to add fader + jog FX that are working very well, and as soon as I can make some jog wheel browser scrolling that works within the new architecture I'll be pretty happy with it.
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 01-27-2009 at 08:45 PM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Mentor

Yeah! Good to hear it!

wonderful news!

been using v4 of the tsi and love the new way of selecting effects!

much more intuitive.

Tech Wizard

4 deck coming soon man, waiting for so long..thank you so much Zac

Default Last TSI FW 1.2

Hi Zac
    Could you please post your last version of TSI for FW 1.2 ?
    Many thanks

Tech Guru

The link is at the beginning of the thread. Thanks for checking it out!
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    Cayotic- I figured out what the deal is with the deck not playing sometimes after a stop. Because I have cd-jog commands mapped to the outer wheels in order to duplicate the pitch bending feel from T3, if the deck is stopped and you move the outer wheel, the track is actually moving back and forth a bit. This confuses TPro into not knowing where the track is, and it doesn't start on play. Like you mentioned, simply rotating the top of the jog resets this and from there it works fine.
    Hey Zac. i've been playing with your mapping and i like must say its good. This problem with stopping deck drived me little crazy so i found solution - it looks that touching outer wheel sometimes turn scratch mode on - the same mode that is turned with inner wheel pressed. So when you press and release inner wheel scratch mode is off. My solution was to override this situation and add "scratch off" to any play button (play, cue,cup) by additional mapping: "Scratch on" - Direct-Button-off. Hope this helps

Tech Guru

It's not so much that scratch on gets activated, but that in this tsi, nudging the outer wheel when the deck is paused confuses TPro's tracking of the song. Let me know if you eliminate the problems with the commands you added. (It's possible they "reset" TPro's idea of where the play marker is, circumventing the problem). After the 1.1 update, I removed the cd-jog commands (don't need em), and I'll test to see if the issue still exists. I'm ready to release the 4 deck version now, I'm just writing up the new behaviors and changes. For everyone that uses the 2 deck kyoti tsi and doesn't need 4 decks, the 4 deck version works great by simply hiding decks c/d. There's only one button that changes the vci layout to c/d control, so just don't press it and you're golden. There are a couple of major changes you'll notice with the new file, but they only add more functionality with fewer button presses, so hopefully you guys will dig it. Stay tuned.

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Wizard

Thanks for your hard work Zac

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    It's not so much that scratch on gets activated, but that in this tsi, nudging the outer wheel when the deck is paused confuses TPro's tracking of the song. Let me know if you eliminate the problems with the commands you added. (It's possible they "reset" TPro's idea of where the play marker is, circumventing the problem). After the 1.1 update, I removed the cd-jog commands (don't need em), and I'll test to see if the issue still exists. I'm ready to release the 4 deck version now, I'm just writing up the new behaviors and changes. For everyone that uses the 2 deck kyoti tsi and doesn't need 4 decks, the 4 deck version works great by simply hiding decks c/d. There's only one button that changes the vci layout to c/d control, so just don't press it and you're golden. There are a couple of major changes you'll notice with the new file, but they only add more functionality with fewer button presses, so hopefully you guys will dig it. Stay tuned.
    will this work with the 1.11 traktor pro version?

Thanks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast