VCI-100, FW 1.2, 2 Decks, Traktor Pro (Scratching, Juggling, Great FX Control)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default VCI-100, FW 1.2, 2 Decks, Traktor Pro (Scratching, Juggling, Great FX Control)

DL LINK NO LONGER ACTIVE!! THX FOR DOWNLOADING.

(Edited to reflect version 4 of the tsi)

Hey DJTT. I want to share this tsi, hope you like it. Please rate and give feedback. Apologies for the long-windedness, but I want you to get the most out of it. It's designed from the ground up for control of cue juggling, beat jumping, deck duplication, loop and cue management and (the part I'm really stoked on) FX control that makes sense, and always shows the right status via LEDs. It's for firmware 1.2, but once I get 1.3 I'll remap it. Owing to the way FX button 4 is locked to the "effect" button above "cue" in 1.2, the 4th button will always be lit if an effect is on. I made the 4th FX knob also always control wet/dry, no matter what unit you're working on, or whether chained or advanced. Doing things this way also gives you a way to see the FX status, and turn the unit on or off no matter where you're at. Also, keep in mind this layout does not have controls for any automatic loop lengths. You need to click in and out for a loop to be set.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/11035953/...9/sharing.html

Modes: 1. Regular (standard transport, scratching), 2. Cue Juggle (w/FX on jogs) 3. Beat Jump (w/cue drumming on jogs)

Tips: First two small black buttons control modes.
    Trigger sync at any time to focus and/or sync deck
    Use the keyboard Q to turn off Quantize for looser cue juggling
    Duplicate decks on time in mode 2 by holding preview and triggering left or right, then press preview again quickly to play in sync.
    Duplicate functions work when "loading only in stopped deck" is checked in prefs. I don't know how it functions if this is off.
    Use the keyboard spacebar to see the cue panel at any time.
    The "effect" buttons are independent of the decks. The left one turns on fx unit 1, the right, fx unit 2.
    Use C and X on the keyboard to switch between chained and advanced fx modes - the fx control layout will change accordingly.
    The tops of the jogs control FX units when in cue juggle mode. Left=FX unit 1, Right=FX unit 2. If in chained mode, jogs only control the first effect slot in the respective unit.
    Tops of jogs in beat jump mode skip to active cue of respective deck.

FX: The "effect parameter" button with the three leds controls either A - fx unit 1, B - fx unit 2, or when on Master, the four fx buttons control which unit each deck is sending to. (Buttons 1-2 are deck A inserts, 3-4 are deck B inserts).
    Without selecting Master and inserting the decks here, you won't hear any fx.

Rock it!!

Details:

Global:

Cue/Loop Section:
    (active for focused deck)
    Button 1 - cue/loop in
    Button 2 - cue/loop out
    Button 3 - reloop active loop (loops only when Loop*4 on)
    Loop*4 buttons - activate loop on respective deck

4 Black Buttons:
    Button 1 - toggle regular transport mode (LED off ) / cue juggle mode (LED on)
    Button 2 - toggle regular transport mode (LED off ) / beat jump mode (LED on)
    Button 3 - delete cue/loop
    Button 4 - store cue/loop

Key Buttons - key lock on respective deck
    Balance Knobs - key adjust on respective deck
    Vinyl Mode Buttons - toggle vinyl / cd seek
    Tempo Sliders - tempo of respective deck
    Sync Buttons - phase and tempo syncs and focuses respective deck
    Low (low) Knobs - Filter respective deck
    Cue Buttons - cues decks and focuses respective deck
    Effect Buttons - channel A toggles effect unit 1 on / off
    Effect Buttons - channel B toggles effect unit 2 on / off

Keyboard Q - toggles quantize on / off

Effects Section:

Keyboard C selects chained mode
    Keyboard X selects advanced mode

Effect Parameter Select - Master Selects Unit in / out mode
    Effect Parameter Select - A Selects Effect Unit 1
    Effect Parameter Select - B Selects Effect Unit 2

In Master Select, buttons 1-2 toggle deck A effect unit in / out 1-2
    In Master Select, buttons 3-4 toggle deck B effect unit in / out 1-2

In A Select, button and knob 4 control unit 1 on / off and wet / dry
    In A Select, buttons 1-3 and knobs 1-3 control unit 1 on / off and parameters depending on chained or advanced mode

In B Select, button and knob 4 control unit 1 on / off and wet / dry
    In B Select, buttons 1-3 and knobs 1-3 control unit 1 on / off and parameters depending on chained or advanced mode

FX Selection: Dependent on position of "effect parameter" button - On A, fx knobs and buttons control fx unit 1, on B, fx knobs and buttons control fx unit 2. Mas only controls insert points (knobs not used)

Effects Select - (Advanced Mode) - HOLD top black effect select button, rotate 4th FX knob
    Effects Select - (Chained Mode) - HOLD top black effect select button, rotate FX knobs 1-3 to select in respective slot.
    Bottom effect select button not used.

Modes:

Regular Transport Mode: (black button 1 LED off)

Up - list up
    Down - list down
    Left - load A
    Right - load B
    Preview - loads and plays preview, toggle to stop preview
    Transport Controls - Standard
    Scratching On Top of Jogs
    Pitch/Tempo Bend Outside of Jogs

Cue Juggle Mode:
    (black button 1 LED on)
    Cue juggling with jog wheel FX control
    Preview - hold and press left / right to duplicate deck, release and press again when loading to play in sync
    Right - loop shorten by half (start point) (active for focused deck)
    Left - loop lengthen by half (start point) (active for focused deck)
    Up - loop length decrease
    Down - loop length increase
    Transport Buttons - 1-4 cue juggle cues 1-4 respective deck
    Top of Jog Wheel - FX on, parameter 3 in advanced mode, effect 1 amount in chained mode
    Outside of Jog Wheels - pitch/tempo bend

Beat Jump Mode: (black button 2 LED on)
    Cue juggling with beat jumping
    Preview - same preview function as in Regular Transport Mode
    Right - beat jump indicated amount forward (focused deck)
    Left - beat jump indicated amount backward (focused deck)
    Up - beat jump amount increase (both decks)
    Down - beat jump amount decrease (both decks)
    Outside of Jog Wheels - beat jump forward or backward (respective decks)
    Top of Jogs - active cue jump
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 07-23-2009 at 10:16 PM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Default tsi update and TPro 1.0.2 deck copy play workaround

Alright, I found that in TPro, if "load only to stopped deck" and/or "stop playback at end of track" are checked in prefs, deck copy-autoplay will not work without some tricky modifiers. I use these preferences, so just be advised that deck copy might not work as expected in this tsi unless those options are checked. New updates to the tsi are reflected in the original post and include:

1st black button (Cue Juggle Mode) is the only mode with deck duplicate functionality.

2nd black button (engaging beat jump mode) is now a toggle. Transport controls revert to normal in this mode. Scratching is now included in this mode. Preview works in this mode.

Direction of loop/cue start point controls swapped for both buttons and jog wheel: left/back=back, right/forward= forward. More intuitive.

Deck focus without sync added to cue buttons.
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 01-27-2009 at 07:56 AM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Very interesting. Looking forward to giving this a go!

just got to say that this is an EXCELLENT mapping of the vci-100 especially the effects controls - i really love those!

the ability to have access to all my fx with visual indicators is really awesome..

I really recommend this for anyone just using 2 decks...

any way of switching to decks c+d possibly in future releases? otherwise, a totally rad template - will be my standard one until i find something better...

Tech Guru

Thanks! So yeah, I do have plans for deck c-d control. Actually, the only thing holding me back from releasing that right now is that TPro is not recognizing the soft takeover command for controls doing double duty when switching decks, and the volume/parameter jumps that come with that don't fit into my workflow. If NI addresses this in an update, I'll put out the 4 deck version immediately. In the meantime, stay posted. I've got a few changes I'm making that will improve this tsi - namely fx control on the jogs in cue juggle mode, and active cue jumping on the top of the jogs in beat jump mode for drumming. Also I'm adding pitch bend in cue juggle mode and tempo slider control that is always active. I'll post when these things are done.

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Default Version 3 of Kyoti tsi posted

The third revision to this tsi is up and additions are reflected in the first post.

New features:
    Tempo sliders on in all modes.
    Cue juggle mode now juggles cues 1-4, and tops of jogs control FX (left jog unit 1, right jog unit 2). Tempo/pitch bend is active on outside of jogs in this mode.
    Beat jump mode no longer has regular transport controls, instead also juggles cues 1-4. Tops of jogs jump to active cues for drumming on respective deck. Scratching disabled in this mode.
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 01-02-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Mentor

Thumbs up

Wow thank you for that amazing tsi file! I really like it. Its very easy and self explanatory. Actually I wanted to make my own, but I had to figure out mapping the VSI isn't that easy. I think I will stick to yours!

Tech Wizard

this map is great, but i can't control effects of my vci-100, don't know what happen man

Tech Guru

I think I have that issue sorted: The tsi is set so that the advanced FX unit is set by default. Change your FX units in prefs so both are set to advanced. Make sure that the keys C and X switch between advanced and chained. Should work fine after that. The key is that the FX should be set to advanced before quitting the program, so it come up that way next time you open. Also, make sure you've inserted the fx into decks via effect parameter select=mas, then insert on the fx buttons. Switch to A or B, then mash it up!

Mixcloud DJ Sets

In Beat Jump Mode what are the transport buttons mapped to?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast