(OLD) Midifighter Update for Mac and Windows (OLD) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I am mystified...

Let me think on this.

Tech Convert

damn, my midi fighter crapped out on me and tried all the fixes on this forum and its still unresponsive. I tried using the midi fighter updater but keep getting a missing libusb0.dll error. I tried it on my my laptop and its still not sending any signal.

I dont have the time to spend programming this shit, i just want it to work how it did... this is too much of a hassle to be hacking.... most of us dont have the time or energy to spend doing this.

Bryan350 all the DIY stuff is a positive thing as the chances of getting it working from your own home are very high unless something serious is wrong.it would be way more inconvenient to be without a piece of kit while its sent off for repair! Libusb0.dll can easy be located with a quick Google.download it and copy it into your midifighter folder in program files(that's where I'm assuming it needs to go,someone please correct t me if I'm wrong!) If the bootloader doesn't work for you have another look in the forum for instructions on flashing it manually! Good luck!

Just to add to this thread, fatlimey I was going to solve my update problem by doing it the old fashion way but when I wired faders into the inputs I realised I have superfaders,
    Which means I already had the new firmware,right?

Tech Convert

I managed to get into the updater working on my laptop and everything was flashed, however now its still acting weird. On my other computer I cant even initiate the midifighter updater, even though ive installed the libusb0.dll thing in its right folder.
    Ive managed some progress on one of my computers however i still need to fix the problems on the other one.

2 days ago the midifighter was working fine and now it just stopped working. Im not looking forward for the DIY repair... ive been up almost 4 hours trying to fix it. When i bought this thing, i didnt know i was going to be up all night trying to hack it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrakd View Post
    Just to add to this thread, fatlimey I was going to solve my update problem by doing it the old fashion way but when I wired faders into the inputs I realised I have superfaders,
    Which means I already had the new firmware,right?
    That is correct!

Does the midifighter work on the machine you got the updater working? I assume you've rebooted your computer and tried a different usb port? Have you reloaded the tsi's?I've had tractor and my laptop freeze up to the point I thought something serious was wrong from a usb device problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bryan350 View Post
    I managed to get into the updater working on my laptop and everything was flashed, however now its still acting weird. On my other computer I cant even initiate the midifighter updater, even though ive installed the libusb0.dll thing in its right folder.
    I assume, because you mention "libusb0.dll" that you are using a Windows machine. On windows, libusb requires two parts - a DLL file that needs to be in the system Path and a SYS file that needs to be copied to the %windows%\system32 folder.

The installer MFUpdate.msi handles this for you, as well as selecting the correct version of the DLL and SYS files for your 32- or 64-bit system (there are several to choose between!).

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    I assume, because you mention "libusb0.dll" that you are using a Windows machine. On windows, libusb requires two parts - a DLL file that needs to be in the system Path and a SYS file that needs to be copied to the %windows%\system32 folder.

The installer MFUpdate.msi handles this for you, as well as selecting the correct version of the DLL and SYS files for your 32- or 64-bit system (there are several to choose between!).
    Well obviously it doesnt work as well as you think because I'm getting this same problem and same libusb0.dll error

Quote Originally Posted by alex8337 View Post
    Well obviously it doesnt work as well as you think because I'm getting this same problem and same libusb0.dll error

That's not very polite.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    That's not very polite.
    Written out of frustration after not being able to update my midi fighter and then reading your post that bluntly says that my error shouldn't happen

"The installer handles this for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast