Traktor sounds like crap? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Those differences are small compared to what you lose by running the mixer into the red or using crappy speakers or amps.

The OP was new, so I'm assuming he hasn't sprung for good monitors yet. I don't think you'll ever hear the difference between sound cards on computer speakers.

On big systems, it depends on how good they are…I've heard club systems where you couldn't tell the difference between vinyl and ringtones.

Tech Mentor

Yeah no monitors yet but i have two amps and speakers im gonna use.
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

The most obvious advantage of using a sound card with more than 1 stereo out is that you can headphone cue- one of the most useful tools available with a dj. Without it you can't really beat match unless the tracks are the same bpm and you have no way of listening to the track before the audience hears it, so if it's shit you can't really go back.

Get a soundcard dude.

download the latest asio4all drivers from here http://www.asio4all.com/
    as you are using the internal soundcard from your computer this will be your best option till you get a soundcard.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    The most obvious advantage of using a sound card with more than 1 stereo out is that you can headphone cue- one of the most useful tools available with a dj. Without it you can't really beat match unless the tracks are the same bpm and you have no way of listening to the track before the audience hears it, so if it's shit you can't really go back.

Get a soundcard dude.
    Working on it right now sir
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    download the latest asio4all drivers from here http://www.asio4all.com/
    as you are using the internal soundcard from your computer this will be your best option till you get a soundcard.
    +1
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Oh yeah, it's better. But it's not necessary for the first stages of learning. And you can always mix in mono…it's early on the list, but it's not first.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Those differences are small compared to what you lose by running the mixer into the red or using crappy speakers or amps.

The OP was new, so I'm assuming he hasn't sprung for good monitors yet. I don't think you'll ever hear the difference between sound cards on computer speakers.

On big systems, it depends on how good they are…I've heard club systems where you couldn't tell the difference between vinyl and ringtones.
    Yeah, sorry, just responded to the blanket statement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123