Winter NAMM 2011 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm sure there will be quite a few new products revealed at NAMM. I'll keep an eye out for the new Numark and Reloop controllers.
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

Tech Guru

I'll be there with JesC
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

+1 for the new behringer mixers we need info on these babies.

Pork

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    It looks like NI is not getting a booth this year
    Yep, NI has quit the big trade shows. Also no booth at the coming MusikMesse in Frankfurt 2011 (Europe).

I won't be in town for NAMM this year but I'm just curious, how do you guys get badges? NAMM claims to be open only to companies who make or sell music gear, and as I recall they pretty clearly say this doesn't include DJs.... The past couple years I tried to hookup badges from friends who work for such companies, and learned that NAMM really cracked down on letting people get extra badges for friends and fam. Hoping I can figure something out for 2012

@Proben, im working at NAMM, so is xtianw. I have a artist badge from Mixvibes being that Im going to be demoing their software. Last year I was working for DJTECH as a demo guy @NAMM 2010 and the DJExpo @Atlantic City too.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Heh, I guess if you're working there they have to let you in Let me know if you need an assistant in 2012!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I won't be in town for NAMM this year but I'm just curious, how do you guys get badges? NAMM claims to be open only to companies who make or sell music gear, and as I recall they pretty clearly say this doesn't include DJs.... The past couple years I tried to hookup badges from friends who work for such companies, and learned that NAMM really cracked down on letting people get extra badges for friends and fam. Hoping I can figure something out for 2012
    check music stores. there are quite a few music stores that will literally sell you a badge. they'll just put you down as music store staff. they dont advertise this, but if you call smaller independent music stores, most are open to it. i know quite a few people that have gotten badges that way.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Heh, I guess if you're working there they have to let you in Let me know if you need an assistant in 2012!
    its not hard to work at NAMM. DJTech came on the forum last year looking for people. This year Reloop came here and picked someone up. You just have to hit up dj companies to see if they need help. Start at the bottom and work your way up. But the only way the major companies are going to pick you up is if your a DMC champion, or a producer, etc.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

New Years BUMP!

Feel free to reply with your requests for gear you'd like me to get photos and video of! And be sure to check HERE for all your Winter NAMM 2011 needs!
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast