APC40 internal 2deck setup
    Tech Convert

Default APC40(dumb) internal 2deck setup

Here is the tsi layout for my apc40 2 deck solo layout. this is for people without an external mixer. it relies on a DUMB MODE APC40

its still a work in progress and i would appreciate anyone's input or modifications.

CUE/LOOPS

LED's will show two decks. 3x5 grid controls on each deck. controls are read as follows..

start/pause... null... Hotcue1....
    nudge... nudge... Sync...
    Hotcue2... Hotcue3.... Hotcue4....
    -------------------------------------------
    Activate Loop... Loop size dec.. Loop size inc...

EQ/FX

FX are toggled with the APC's "activator" and "solo, cue" buttons above channel faders. currently deck A = channel 1 on the APC40, and deck B = channel 3 on the apc.

The knobs are assigned to both EQ and FX controls. they are read as follows..

Deck A EQ's... Low / Mid-Low / Mid-High / High
    FX1 Controls... Wet-Dry / chain fx1 / chain fx2 / chain fx3
    FX1 Buttons... On-Off / fx1 on / fx2 on / fx3 on

Deck B EQ's... Low / Mid-Low / Mid-High / High
    FX2 Controls... Wet-Dry / param1 / param2 / param3
    FX2 Buttons... On-Off / *null / button2 / button3

*To change effects on FX2, hold null or "device on/off" on your apc40 and turn the effects wet/dry knob

FX2 reset was not bound to its button because the LED's on the apc's knobs will not update without being manually moved, preventing any memory of past settings. as a result i had set in traktor to reset the effects whenever they are changed.

NAVI

Up and Down on the APC40's cursor will move through your playlist. holding shift on your apc will scroll faster.

holding "tap tempo" and clicking Left of Right on the APC cursor will load a track into either A or B respectively

Please Give Feedback
    Last edited by dokgonzo; 12-13-2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: updating description

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

you need to use send monitor state to update the knobs after reset and output midi to the same CC, use ALSO CC+8 if you wish to change how the knob leds behave
    Last edited by padi_04; 12-10-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Tech Convert

im slightly confused as to what exacty to do.

is send monitor state a button to press?

so ill set up an input and output "send monitor state".
    map input to my knob control and output to the same cc?
    also are you saying i should make two outputs, with one cc+8?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

check the post about apc20/40 lights, plenty of data there

Tech Convert

thanks for the help padi. checking through the post, im still slightly confused as to how to implement it while in dumb mode, granted thats possible.

can you quickly explain what "send monitor state" does?

does it send the current controller state to traktor? sorry im still a scrub when it comes to programming in traktor

Quote Originally Posted by dokgonzo View Post

can you quickly explain what "send monitor state" does?

does it send the current controller state to traktor? sorry im still a scrub when it comes to programming in traktor
    Padi can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it sends out refreshed values of any midi settings with midi cc outputs (led's) associated with them. So, if you have led's on your apc hooked up to various things in traktor, hitting "send monitor state" will automatically refresh all of them.

What I'm unclear on is why you have to do this with the apc. I had no such issues setting up led output on my Behringer BCD3000... It seems like the APC has some kind of native software on board that has some control over your leds, regardless of what traktor says.