|Build Log| - DIY midi gamepad controller - Page 24
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Chris Simon View Post
    Hey there! Thanks a lot for your gamepad controller post, it really helped me. I have a few doubts and it'd be great if you could help me.

Firstly, does any software support 4 gamepads at the same time? Which softwares should i use to convert the signals to midi to use with Traktor Pro 2?

glovepie is all you need :-)

I tried glovepie, joytokey, and few others.. I can't get glovepie to work on my Windows 8 pc.. Also, joytokey is good, but i can't assign the analog sticks to volume fader on virtual dj. Kindly guide me on how to do it. And pls post the link to latest glovepie version that is supported by Windows 8 pc.
    P.S. Thanks a tonne for all you help, and for this beautiful thread, you're the one who inspired me to make my dj controller from gamepads, and that too 4 of 'em! This is gonna be epic! I want to test out the softwares before i continue with my project, and buy the rest of the parts like switches, pots, sliders, and the casing which i plan to make completely out of 3mm acrylic / polycarbonate sheet.
    Thanks again, and please do help me out.

whell...

you need to dig in really hard at the beginning, but when you get the hand on it, is really easy

i don't know about windows 8, i use windows 7 and i works great.

about the script, you really need to search the forum... type glovepie and you will get some scripts that you can work with

Mudo

Good work! I shared it in fb and it must be on the homepage here at djtechtools...

If you need cheap arduchinos (even mega) or so I have some to trade and Barcelona based

Well, I've finished making my dj controller using 4 gamepads with 16 buttons and 2 analog sticks each. I use loopMIDI as the virtual MIDI port to use the signals from GlovePie as MIDI signals for Traktor Pro 2.

I've tried all the scripts I could find on the net, but all of them only support one joystick at a time. So, I tried changing the variables, and few buttons of the 2nd and 4th gamepad/joystick, but not all work.

So, I switched to fergo Joystick MIDI and got all 4 joysticks to work, but it supports only 12 buttons and 2 analogs each, which means I'm losing 4 buttons when the analog is turned on (the direction pad). GlovePie on the other hand, supports all the buttons and analogs, but I don't know the script for multiple joysticks.

Someone, please help me! fbonito, EanGolden you're my inspiration for this project! But Please someone help me with the script in GlovePIE for multiple gamepads to be used at the same time with MIDI outputs.

Great project, I like it a lot!

What is the value of potentiometers that u used? I bought a few of them with the resistance of 10K... Will they do the job?

Default calibration of analog sticks

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have encountered (and solved) the following problem:

When a USB gamepad boots, it calibrates the analog sticks by assuming they are halfway (because a 'real' analog stick has the spring action going on which returns the stick to middle position).
    Faders or pots are not alway halfway when booting the device, so this would mess up the calibration and throw off the range of the slider/knob.

Any ideas? I don't think I will like having to put everything back to middle position everytime I power up the controller.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by msPacman View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have encountered (and solved) the following problem:

When a USB gamepad boots, it calibrates the analog sticks by assuming they are halfway (because a 'real' analog stick has the spring action going on which returns the stick to middle position).
    Faders or pots are not alway halfway when booting the device, so this would mess up the calibration and throw off the range of the slider/knob.

Any ideas? I don't think I will like having to put everything back to middle position everytime I power up the controller.
    I don't think it is an issue although if it was you could have a switch that bypassed the pot and ran the signal thru a 1/2 pot ohm resistor for many pots it would have to be a relay set up, but I don't really think it is an issue.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324