Headphone issues on my S4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I pulled the jack out about 1-2mm and the adapter seemed more secure and no longer glitches.

Bose QC15s and Monster Turbine IEMs via adapters are faultless (plug-in). tma-1s have glitches (skrew-in). Lots of discussion on either tightening OR loosening the output lock-nut. I loosened and retightened. Problem solved.

same problem, easily reproduced with the senns that have a 1/8th and a 1/4th screw on adapter.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    same problem, easily reproduced with the senns that have a 1/8th and a 1/4th screw on adapter.
    I think NI undertighten the locknut, so that a screw-in doesn't sit 'flush'. Obviously care must be taken not to over-tighten - i.e. use a socket, but tighten with your fingers. tma-1's are sweet now.

Tech Student

Default Help !!!

Quote Originally Posted by AfroWhitie View Post
    And Karlos to the rescue

Something had happened to the monitor output routing - sorted.

Strange that you get it to come out of different sides based on jack position and that this setting can mysteriously become unset.

But hey software for me - no problem - that i have control over most of the time ~ hardware faults are a different story.
    How was this sorted ?? pleas help i have got the same exact problem.

Try tightening the screw on the s4 headphone jack. I believe a few people have had sucess this way
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Default Traktor S4 Mk1 Noise on Headphones and no Sound

I do repairs as a hobby on DJ stuff amongst other things; I have a problem on two S4 Mk1s that there is a constant whine on the headphone output and no audio signal along with it. Either this is a common problem, or Im just unlucky! I bought a couple of S4s for spares and so far have replaced every board but still the whine is there with no audio. I have swapped the power supply to no avail and also the USB cable to my laptop. I disconnected the laptop power supply but this made no difference. The noise cannot be dialled out by reducing volume, all the other outputs are fine (only has whine on headphone output). I noticed that the whine reduces slightly or increases with certain button presses but I think thats related to LEDs being lit. I have grounded the headphone jack earth to another earth on one of the boards and that eliminates the whine altogether, BUT there is still no audio signal (just silence).
    PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123