Headphone issues on my S4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

nope using the original ones that came with the headphones. not just snap on adapters either which i know can cause sound issues but the original ones which are threaded.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fr@nz View Post
    Don't want to sound like an idiot but isn't using a 1/4" adapter required anyway. Are you saying you used a different 1/4" adapter than the one that came with your headphones? Thanks
    the plug on his Senns are standard 1/4." it doesnt have an 1/8" (3.5mm) plug like most other headphones i.e urs and mines. so he doesnt have to worry about the 1/4" adapter to begin with.

Tech Convert

Sorry for the duplicate response. CPU at work is trippin. Yea I used a couple of different adapters. Same issue. Think I'll wait before sending mine back too. If you guys somehow find a fix let me know. There's already a post on the NI forum. If I hear anything I'll post here. Thnx

Tech Student

I have this issue also when i push down gently on the jack the sound goes off and occasionally when mixing the sound goes off an on for a milli second, was worried that it went off on the loud speakers last sat att eh club i was playing but i think it was just through my headphones. I have some Technics 1200 headphones!

I'm having this problem too, big time. if there's an easy fix out there, i'd luv 2 hear it!

Tech Convert

There are some people in the NI forums with the same issue. Some people tightened the screw on the headphone jack and have reported that it worked. I tried it and it didn't do anything to mine. After Saturday I have two weeks off from gigs so I'm going to send mine back to NI next week. I'll let all of you know what happens. If you are concerned about taking the S4 out to gigs you will be fine. I've been using it every week for my gigs and a shows and no issues. The cutting in and out and distortion is unique to the headphones only.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Fr@nz View Post
    There are some people in the NI forums with the same issue. Some people tightened the screw on the headphone jack and have reported that it worked.
    How does one go about doing this? I looked around on the NI forum for this info but couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by TxdoHawk View Post
    How does one go about doing this? I looked around on the NI forum for this info but couldn't find it.
    I just twisted it with my fingers, if you use a tool, don't tight it to fast.
    It's just the metal , where you put your headphone jack in. It worked for me.

Yep - 1 week - 1 gig and its happened to mine.

At various stages of moving the jack into the socket i can get sound out one side of the phones - have tried different phones and tightening the ring around the insert.

Same prob

Dont really feel like opening it up to make sure the connections are good as its literally brand new. Sending it back and then being without it with gigs sucks as i know this is all they will probably do - argh

And Karlos to the rescue

Something had happened to the monitor output routing - sorted.

Strange that you get it to come out of different sides based on jack position and that this setting can mysteriously become unset.

But hey software for me - no problem - that i have control over most of the time ~ hardware faults are a different story.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast