Mixtrack 4-Deck Map TSI
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Mixtrack 4-Deck Map TSI

So here is my modified Numark MixTrack mapping for Traktor Pro. It's a modified version of the original TSI, the few changes to the original layout are listed below...

Keylock Buttons (Deck Mode):
    I always leave my tracks keylocked... no need for the buttons. Keylock A will now change all deck specific controls on that side to deck C. Global controls (ex. FX controls, Master Volume, etc.) will all go untouched. Keylock B will do the same for the right side only switching to deck D. All LEDs should function as well. Yes, the mixer functions are considered deck specific and switch as well.

Tempo Sliders (Filter):
    I sync to the master tempo and never have a reason to touch the tempo sliders. So they are now the Filters for each deck. The center LED will light signaling you are at 0%. (Filters are deck specific and effected by Deck Mode)

Pitch Bend Buttons (FX Select):
    Who uses pitch bend buttons when you have platters? Not me. So now they are deck specific FX select buttons. Pitch down (-) toggles FX 1, and Pitch up (+) toggles FX 2. (Also effected by Deck Mode)

Cue Mix (Master Tempo):
    I just listen to the normal cue feed in the headphones and the main mix through the main monitors. No need for the Cue Mix option, so it's now the master tempo. Turning up goes fast, turning down goes slow... Easy.

**NOTE** All deck specific knobs and sliders are now in Soft-Takeover mode. Meaning no sudden changes in knob or slider location when swapping decks, you must come back to the internal position before takeover begins.
    Last edited by jeffolivarri; 11-29-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Default Updated w/ Visual Map

Here is a visual aid to help you understand what I'm talking about.

Tech Wizard

thanks...

Tech Wizard

why can't I download the TSI?

awesome. This is appreciated
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Tech Student

Thanks heaps i have been looking for this for ages. thanks for putting the time in to making this

A little update... After scrapping a new TSI and falling back to this one as my starting point I noticed that I had the Jog/Scratch sensitivity different on one side than the other side. Feel free to adjust this to match in the Controller Manager as I think you will notice the difference. I think this is something everyone should do anyways to achieve the scratch feel of choice.

Tech Student

great thanks to jeffolivarri for this TSI! I modified it a little bit for me too. So I mapped pitch back for all 4 decks. I don't know why but LED for "shift" button (on keylock) was always ON. I put couple changes in "modifiers" and now it's no LED-light if you use A/B decks and LED is ON if you use C/D decks. I posted TSI with my upgrades here. Enjoy!

Tech Student

I forgot to mention that instead of master tempo I put mix volume also back as in original Numark TSI

I just wanted to say thanks for these mappings!!! It has helped out a lot.

So here is my modification to the Dreamer's mapping above.

Top 4 buttons are now Hotcues 1-4. Buttons light when a cue point is active. I tend to set my cues before hand so I didn't map a delete button. Not to mention was trying to figure out where to put it and still keep 4 hot cues. hehe

If you want a hotcue delete button I suggest remapping the first button and then using 3 hotcues.

And I fixed the jog wheel sensitivity issue that Jeff mentioned.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast