What do you guys think about Hercules Dj Control Air ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you guys think about Hercules Dj Control Air ?

Hey ;

actually title says all but what do you guys think and what do you know about it ? Can ı use traktor with it ?

Actually ı want a small controller which can only give me the basics of mixer because ı dont want to bring my S2 to any place ( that is my precious ) So that's why ı am looking for a decent controller on the budget.I can advices besides my question too

Thanx everyone.
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

i'd have thought the S2 was a *reasonably* budget controller to start with - esp when it was on offer. the hercules air does look very cheap tho... the jogs apparently aren't great - not as good as the jogs hercules put on their more expensive recent controllers. the pads could be useful for mapping - not convinced about the "air" functionality but u never know... i *think* i'd probably opt for the mixtrack pro instead or pay more and get a twitch or S2. a 2nd hand S2 may not be a bad idea? you'd have one spare and can use the exact same mappings...

edit: actually i'd wait for the behringer CMD studio 4a to come out - and see what that was like: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/CMD-STUDIO-4A.aspx
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Thanx.That Behringer look good and not cheap

Maybe ı should check out for a second hand S2 . One more doesnt kill

agreed re: the behringer... it looks pretty good for the price. projected to only be 199usd
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Agree totally. Behringer's new line looks amazing. Jury is still out on the build quality, but they're AMAZINGLY well-designed, and are about to be the cheapest controllers of their kind out there by a wide margin.

The air on the other hand, I think is horribly laid out. (really? A grid of four buttons? what?)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by NewManSoon View Post
    DDM4000 is a well built piece of unit. I think they have come along way since those crappy DJM-500/600 knock offs.
    Completely agree. The DDM4k is my first 4-channel mixer, and honestly I have not felt limited or cheaped out after using more expensive club mixers (DJM800 for example). I've owned multiple Behringer products in various audio applications, and I've noticed that their products continue to get more impressive over the years. I had never heard of this controller but am now seriously looking into it. Behringer is rapidly becoming a company with some balls behind it, and I'm interested to see where the future takes them.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

When this unit will be avaible ? Any ideas and are you guys sure that it will cost like 200 dolar/150 euros ?

The most important thing is the software ı guess ? Traktor , Serato ,Ableton ?

Hercules in my experience have the worst layouts. If you want a decent cheap portable get a mixtrack pro

Quote Originally Posted by Serkan Yerdan View Post
    The most important thing is the software ı guess ? Traktor , Serato ,Ableton ?
    As you already have TP2 with your S2, just use that.

One thing with the Behringer: it won't have the same level of integration as the S2. You will be mapping that one yourself
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast