Adding Arcade LED's to your VCI-100 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Wizard

You can test with 2 batteries in series . (1.5v + 1.5 Volt). 3volts will be enough to test the led's. (I had a universal power adapter) and switched the voltage to 3 volts.

and...test the leds in the buttons before you mount them in the vci.

the glue around the buttons once they are installed are to keep them from moving/or sliding around. You need a little bit. Plus you can cut the glue out if you ever need to.
    The buttons are great and the led's shouldn't burn out. You shouldn't have to take the buttons out anyway.

Make all 8 first....and order 10 (just in case you mess one or two up).

BC

Tech Mentor

I just found these:
    http://www.rollieelectronics.com/ind...tons&Itemid=13

Also it seems like there might be some clear Sanwa buttons on there way to retailers at some point:
    http://akihabarashop.jp/SanwaShow.jpg

I've sent some emails off and I'll see what I get. DJTT replied to say that their clear surround buttons are back in stock - just the pain of international ordering and customs hold ups and customs delivery charges that are a big pain.

I wonder how well it would work with the clear surrounds on a Sanwa. Might look quite cool if not a bit one sided (top/bottom) with the different colour LEDs.
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

Tech Mentor

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but how easy is it to do this mod? And do you recommend having LED lights or just simple/plain arcade buttons with no lights? I am thinking of doing this mod but want to know if this would be better than just normal arcade buttons.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234