Adding Arcade LED's to your VCI-100
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Adding Arcade LED's to your VCI-100

First of all DON'T LAUGH!!!

This is my first EVER Video and am not a good speaker....and Yes I made a few mistakes (especially when I now review it again...so to all the critics..(oh Well?)

Anyway, on the last scene of the second video (wiring) I'm actually trying to get into "Disco" mode NOT "Juggle" mode. (Don't know why I said that) I guess a little nervous.

Anyway I didn't have a Hi-Def camera, but I think you can see the video(s) ok.

(Be Gentle)

BCondemi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziXZjc4mTyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5R0Ly632Kw

nice one.. really good explanations and all..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Thank you... It was maybe couple hours to perform the mod but two days of recording the video as I took maybe 200 takes.

Anyway I think most people are interested in the S4 now and the vci-100 perhaps is 'old school' now. Regardless it's beautiful and the visual feedback is fantastic..

BC

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

This post was brought to you by the number 12 and the word AWESOME!! Very well done and better than a good majority of the how to videos on youtube.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Nice video dude! Your arcade mod looks much cleaner than my does, the idea using the connector is great!

Tech Wizard

Thanks... I actually took my time to do the arcade button holes. I used a fine metal jigsaw blade to cut close to the line (I pre-drew by tracing the button hole locations) Then used the metal sand paper bit on the rotary tool to the edge of the line for a fine smooth perfectly round hole.
    I then used automotive body filler to fill in the old rectangular factory cut-outs, then sanded the holes round again.
    ...Since the overlay is slightly bigger than the buttons, normally you would see a little gap between the edge of the buttons and the overlay (that gap is the inside of the vci-100...where the aluminum is missing)....After filling the old hole with body filler and sanding is smooth and round, I painted the deck black around all the buttons applied the overlay and it looked like the holes were factory done.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/att...1&d=1291337802

Thank-you very much

BC

The colours are so bright especially in the dark.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/att...1&d=1291338315
    Last edited by bcondemi; 12-02-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Is this mod possible with a Midi Fighter?

looks beautiful.. great job m8

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrick View Post
    Is this mod possible with a Midi Fighter?
    I think so ....Yes.

I guess the led's on the board need to be removed (un-soldered), then extend little wires from the board's led pins up to the led legs at each button. Of course it'll have to be done really neat so that you don't see lots and lots of wire....and the new led wires would have to be fed through the faceplate before soldering them (because they get pushed through the plate later.

....and you could use any colour for the leds you want as well.

Maybe I'm going to buy one for my next project...a Christmas holiday project...

BC
    Last edited by bcondemi; 12-09-2010 at 06:57 AM.

Fair play dude, great video you left no holes in the process explained everything in detail

Well done and keep ehm coming
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast