Sharing effects combinations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sharing effects combinations

Ok guys, you know what this is....if you know of any cool effects and if you would to share it.

Post it here, mapping and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensic View Post
    Ok guys, you know what this is....if you know of any cool effects and if you would to share it.

Post it here, mapping and all.
    Really, this exact type of thread, pops every single or couple of months and dies after 3 posts.
    Effects and when or how to use them, may be that's a part of your own style, so experiment, look around on the internet you'll find plenty of ideas, videos - seriously, watch around the blog's entries and you'll find inspiration. Download other people's mapping to look after ideas to duplicate or adapt. Or at least start the thread of one of your own examples. I don't know, it 's also linked to the gear you use, some stuff would allow you to manage and activate effects differently. A button would allow specific manipulations a fader can't and vice versa.

I don't discuss the need of guidance and I totally understand that, by just looking around and getting interested
    you'll find so much stuff to think and work upon and try, you'll get so much more benefit. And you'll probably get different ideas than armyofme's sweep effect (which is nice) or discovering you can colour a beatmasher with another fx.

The main risk about all that is thinking that djing is all about using fx instead of realising music selection and what you play and when is way above that.

Sorry, may be I was thinking aloud and you'll get plenty of answers.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Student

How about the next time you hear some fx you like in a mix, ask the DJ what he used. I do this on Soundcloud all the time

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

-Masher+Filter+Reverb
    -Delay+Peak+Reverb
    -Gater+Drive+Reverb
    -T3Reverb+LOFI+Filter

Play around with parameters and find nice sound.

youtube has plenty of examples
    Latest Production: https://soundcloud.com/pjetrovmusic/techhouse-project-1
    - F1 - F1 - CME UF6 - Maschine Mikro -

a combination I like to use is beatmasher+Peak Filter+ Transpose. a lot of the time you dont need to use the transpose but if you can work it in just right it sounds amazing. beatmasher then move the filter parameter down sounds pretty dope.
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

Gater-Ring Mod-Beatslicer

Sounds wicked with deep dubstep
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Tech Convert

I've been experimenting a lot with fx in single mode, currently using autobouncer, gater, beatslicer and transpose strech in single mode. Then I've also mapped some instant gratification style effects on launchpad, which arenice cause you can combine them how you like on the fly.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enay View Post
    I've been experimenting a lot with fx in single mode, currently using autobouncer, gater, beatslicer and transpose strech in single mode. Then I've also mapped some instant gratification style effects on launchpad, which arenice cause you can combine them how you like on the fly.
    Good idea! If you need masher combo for your launchpad IG you can check this mapping. It require only one button.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Good idea! If you need masher combo for your launchpad IG you can check this mapping. It require only one button.

Nice one! Is the button a modifier as well, which makes it give different values after each press?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast