Advice for a Scratching Setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor

Right now I have a Kontrol S2 and I have been generally satisfied with it. However coming from spinning vinyl for years in the 80s and 90s, and then taking a decade-plus hiatus, going to jogs are different.

And that difference is just feel/feedback. The feel of the vinyl, the feel of torque and a platter are a bit different than a couple of jogs. My scratching literally seems a bit off (part of that was the config I have, but there is still some inherit response changes on a platter).

I may step up to a NS7 in the future to see if I can still gain that portability factor of having an all-in-one unit that the Kontrol S2 has. Hell I wish I had the money for a pair of SL1200s, but alas I have some other financial obligations.

Side note: It's nice to see at least a few people on here in that Golden Age mindset. I thought I was one of 2-3 people of a sea of DnB, Dub, Trance, House, etc. Not that there is nothing wrong with those genres, but my heart is with hip hop.
    DJ Lou Paris

im 35 and have been a true hiphop fiend since i saw JUICE ( and i still watch that shit once a week at least) although dj'in has drasticaly changed over the years one tings remains 2 tech 1200's and a proper mixer cannot be beat.. DVS systems are the evolution there of and i love my scratch live.. but believe me... my golden ear hip hop crate is still growing and will till i die... if you wanna scratch tt's are the way to go... tbh (and i might get sume hate for this) but controllers with wheels have no where close, the feel of proper wax under ur finger tips... i wear my love of hiphop literally on my sleeve (albeit ink).. and no matter what anyone says.. hiphop started with tt's and will forever live wit tt's... btw how many people have played a proper golen era banger only to have some young one come up and ask why sumone sampled 50 cent or Drake...

dude if u want to be a turntablist i highly suggest:
    2x mk1200 techs
    1x rane ttm56 mixer or better

controllers are fun, none of them will give the feeling a hand on a record does when it comes to cuttin it up.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123