O/T Snowboarding - Skiing season. - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by seosly View Post
    I'm definitely an avid skiier/snowboarder, but I don't have to get away to get the decent snow!

I'm a web developer for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area(http://www.mammothmountain.com)... so some of the best 'white stuff' in the US is right out my backdoor! Hell... we've been getting hammered (4-6 feet of fresh this weekend with more on the way) all weekend!

If any of you other skiing / boarding enthusiasts are located in CA, or want to visit, shoot me a PM. I can hook it up with Lift Tickets.
    I'm down, I'm pretty far from snow down here in Tampa, but love to ride.
    Native Instruments S4, Akai APC-40, Novation Launchpad, MicroKorg, Numark Total Control, M-Audio Profire-610, M-Audio bxa 8" Monitors
    www.midifightclub.com

I might be heading up cairngorm this weekend actually. Apparently going to be a decent dump leading up to the weekend. Im keen to get my season started!!
    17" dual core laptop
    Numark Stealth
    Audio 2 Dj

Default @ Seosly.....8 feet...really? Fresh Pow

If I am understanding correctly....you are on the receiving end of Massive Dumps!?!?

If this is true....must see. want.

Four or five inches of powder fell outside my house in the last two days which is very unusual for November. I don't live next to a mountain, but did get manage to get a few hours on a local hill today. The kids thought I was cool and I wasn't in the mood for telling them the truth.

More forecast for tomorrow , so I might even get the day off work as I depend on getting around the country..

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Its getting worse mate or rather, better in this case.

We aint had it down here (seems strange saying down here but you are way North) but we will.

I was living next to a huge hill until recently and i always wished i could board down it but the snow only came once and i had to drive to my g/fs in Wales that morning so i missed out...

UK just is not geared for snow. It effs the place up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2326?area=FK1 - edit - click on Mondays forecast.

I'm supposed to be flying to London on Wednesday, I don't know whether I want it to keep snowing hard or clear up.

I am, I own a Burton Nug (for those boarders who want to know, it was previously ridden by Jeremy Jones ) I try to get out as much as possible and hit up the best Superpipe on the east coast (Seven Springs, PA). If anyone is heading out there this season, gimme a shout! I'd be down to snowboard with actual DJ's than the latter (15 year old kids who pirate VDJ and try to make beats :P)

Oh man... I have the shittiest snowboarding story ever. Apparently last year my wear & bag were not totally dried out. My wife went down to the storage to get a suitcase out as I was leaving for a trip to the US. She noticed they were "covered in mold/mildew". I go on my trip to the US as usual. This was end of October. Fast forward to this past weekend. I mention I'm going boarding in January and she, in passing, mentions that I have to buy all new gear (except the board & bindings) b/c she threw the rest out. She even through out my fucking helmet.

As if not losing ALL the gear was bad enough (Most of it was an accumulation of Xmas gifts over the years, and the bag was paid at an inflated cost since I live in Japan where people love to getting financially sodomized) I wear a size 13 shoe. Chances of finding boots that fit me here? Zero. I could've got them when I was in Cali last month no problem. Instead I now have to pay international shipping. When I told her what new wear costs down at the Burton shop her eyes got big (which is saying a lot since she's Japanese).

I'm pretty sure I have a get out of jail free card now in case I accidentally fuck a 19 year old.

Tech Mentor

I snowboard. Picked it up last year. Have a season pass to Mt. Creek for this season. (I'm from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by phaserjunkie View Post
    I am, I own a Burton Nug (for those boarders who want to know, it was previously ridden by Jeremy Jones ) I try to get out as much as possible and hit up the best Superpipe on the east coast (Seven Springs, PA). If anyone is heading out there this season, gimme a shout! I'd be down to snowboard with actual DJ's than the latter (15 year old kids who pirate VDJ and try to make beats :P)
    I've never been to Seven Springs in the Winter but was there one summer for Cycling Nationals. What I was were some good slopes... certainly has the mountains for them.
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have a get out of jail free card now in case I accidentally fuck a 19 year old.
    You never know....one could walk by and you could fall on her...32 times.

Accidents happen...and damn it...she threw out your helmet!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast