One effect, several buttons - how?

Default One effect, several buttons - how?

Hey guys!
    Okay, so I've got 6 buttons that I want to dedicate to the beatslicer effect - all wiith a different value.
    I want the buttons to activate the effect when held down, and I want the effect to be turned off ONLY when ALL buttons are released!
    If I just map all buttons to be "Effect On"-"Hold" -buttons, when I press button 1, then button 2 and then releases button 1 the effect is turned off.

Any of you guys know how to make all the buttons turn on the effect and only turn it off when no buttons at all are pressed?

Thanks!

set all the buttons to increase (inc) a certain modifier and an inverted command to decrease the same modifier, then also set each button to turn on the effect with the modifier condition M*=0 and an inverted command to turn off the effect on each button with the condition M*=1.

That means that the modifier value will represent the number of buttons being held down, only the first one will turn it on (in any order) and it won't turn off until the last one is released.

There might be a simpler way to do it but that's the first thing that comes to mind.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    set all the buttons to increase (inc) a certain modifier and an inverted command to decrease the same modifier, then also set each button to turn on the effect with the modifier condition M*=0 and an inverted command to turn off the effect on each button with the condition M*=1.

That means that the modifier value will represent the number of buttons being held down, only the first one will turn it on (in any order) and it won't turn off until the last one is released.

There might be a simpler way to do it but that's the first thing that comes to mind.
    HES LIKE JESUS OF THE MAPPING WORLD..... *bow down*
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    HES LIKE JESUS OF THE MAPPING WORLD..... *bow down*
    Second that!
    Thanks so much FullEnglish! Will try that out in a sec!

Glad to help! It's gna take you ages to map but I hope it's worth it!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Default ...

AIGHT, so what you said worked PERFECTLY!

BUT, now my problem is, that on this effect slot I also use another effect (delay), and if I've been using the slot for the delay effect and want to use the slicer by pressing one of the 6 buttons the buttons act inverted: the effect is turned off when I press the buttons and turned off when no buttons are pressed.
    Is there a way to work around this or..?

Tech Mentor

I was having a problem similar to that.
    I would be using delay and then try to turn on my slicer and the effect would switch and not turn on, and my 2 bar loop would get activated.

I made a couple buttons to fix the problem. One switches my effect unit 3 to Slicer. The other to Delay. You could do both to one button with a little modifier work, but i had the extra buttons.

add a load slicer command to each button as well? you'd need to press the button twice first time but after that it should work.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    add a load slicer command to each button as well? you'd need to press the button twice first time but after that it should work.
    The problem with this is if you have your slicer button set to drop a 2 bar loop you're loop will get set when you are changing effects, and go away when you are turning on the effect. Which is why I threw together some "preset" buttons just to switch between delay and slicer.

I've been trying to get rid of the need for my delay/slicer preset buttons today, and I've managed to free up an effect unit and 4 buttons per deck I wasn't using all that often (Time to map some sample decks!). I would suggest that approach if possible.