Simple? 2 CDJ400s Running HID in Traktor Pro. How? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

if your firmware & driver aren't up to date as I posted above, you'll have issue. Also you may have problem if your CDJ are connected on a hub.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Convert

Thank you DJ Keywee, this worked perfectly!!

Does the 'Pioneer ASIO' act as some kind of aggregator interface for the 2 CDJ Soundcards, basically presenting Traktor with 1 soundcard but with 4 outputs (Left/Right for CDJ 1 and Left/Right for CDJ2)?

Reason for asking is when I go to assign the CDJ's in 'Output Routing', I see the following options:

1. CDJ-400 1
    2. CDJ-400 1
    3. CDJ-400 2
    4. CDJ-400 2

I'm guessing the first CDJ-400 1 = Deck 1 Left and the second CDJ-400 1 = Deck 1 Right. Then the same for the 2 x CDJ-400 2 devices.

If so then this is awesome because it's proper stereo output. Previously, where I could only select one CDJ-400 ASIO for the Audio Device, I had to send the Left to Deck 1 and the right to Deck 2. This meant I could use two decks, but only in horrible mono.

If you could confirm if I've understood properly that would be much appreciated and thanks so much for your simple set up guide!

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    OK, I've helped one of my buddy today to set up
    TP2
    a pair of CDJ400
    XONE:92

On a Windows 7 machine. You don't need ASIO4ALL at all if you only need 2 deck.

What I've done.
    1. Download & install the latest CDJ Firmware (v1.33)
    2. Download & Install the latest Driver for Windows 7 (V1.02)
    3. Install Traktor
    4. Select Pioneer ASIO as soundcard
    5. Select external mixing
    6. Assign CDJ 400 1 for Deck A in output routing
    7. Assign CDJ 400 2 for Deck B in output routing
    8. Switch the CDJ in USB mode, select the right Deck for each player
    9. Load a track, play, Enjoy

No tweaks, worked the first time with factory buffer/latency setting, no click, no pops... it just worked.

HTH

Spot on! Well, maybe the L is the R, and the R is the L but well.... at least it's Stéréo
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Hey, i was trying to grab a pair of 400's and was wondering if your still using them with traktor. i wanted to know how they are working out for you as far as how well the pitch benders and jogs work especially but also the rest of the cdj functions like the looping function and the split loop feature and finally what info shows up on the cdj lcd bpm, time remaing, track title etc. id really appreciate the info, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Nemes1s View Post
    Thank you DJ Keywee, this worked perfectly!!

Does the 'Pioneer ASIO' act as some kind of aggregator interface for the 2 CDJ Soundcards, basically presenting Traktor with 1 soundcard but with 4 outputs (Left/Right for CDJ 1 and Left/Right for CDJ2)?

Reason for asking is when I go to assign the CDJ's in 'Output Routing', I see the following options:

1. CDJ-400 1
    2. CDJ-400 1
    3. CDJ-400 2
    4. CDJ-400 2

I'm guessing the first CDJ-400 1 = Deck 1 Left and the second CDJ-400 1 = Deck 1 Right. Then the same for the 2 x CDJ-400 2 devices.

If so then this is awesome because it's proper stereo output. Previously, where I could only select one CDJ-400 ASIO for the Audio Device, I had to send the Left to Deck 1 and the right to Deck 2. This meant I could use two decks, but only in horrible mono.

If you could confirm if I've understood properly that would be much appreciated and thanks so much for your simple set up guide!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Hippy Jose View Post
    Hey, i was trying to grab a pair of 400's and was wondering if your still using them with traktor. i wanted to know how they are working out for you as far as how well the pitch benders and jogs work especially but also the rest of the cdj functions like the looping function and the split loop feature and finally what info shows up on the cdj lcd bpm, time remaing, track title etc. id really appreciate the info, thank you
    Hi Jose,

I'm sorry but I've actually since moved onto 2000's so I can't recall that many details.

However, I did use the 400's with Traktor for a long time and found they worked really well. They have HID integration with Traktor so they have excellent two way communication.

The jog wheels were tight (I'm not a big scratcher, but I never noticed any issues in this respect) and the pitch faders were absolutely fine (you can tune the % in Traktor as well I think). If I recall all info you would expect was presented back to the CDJ400's screen - e.g. track name, time remaining, bpm, pitch % etc.

Looping was also mapped but I couldn't honestly tell you much more than that as I never really used those features.

Things like that are very easy to map in Traktors Controller Editor though. The stuff which is normally a pain to map via MIDI is things like the jog wheels etc, which you would not have any problems with when running the CDJ400's in HID mode.

Your onboard CDJ400 effects probably won't work when using Traktor (mine didn't anyway), but it does mean you can then map those buttons to other functions like Flux Mode On/Off etc.

Good luck and have fun!

Thank you for the quick response! Do you remember what version of traktor you were running before you switched to the 2000's. I just want to make sure it works with the current version of traktor 2.6.3. Also do you remember if the encoder on the cdj actually scrolls up and down in the playlist on traktor? Thank you again, looking forward to picking these up on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Nemes1s View Post
    Hi Jose,

I'm sorry but I've actually since moved onto 2000's so I can't recall that many details.

However, I did use the 400's with Traktor for a long time and found they worked really well. They have HID integration with Traktor so they have excellent two way communication.

The jog wheels were tight (I'm not a big scratcher, but I never noticed any issues in this respect) and the pitch faders were absolutely fine (you can tune the % in Traktor as well I think). If I recall all info you would expect was presented back to the CDJ400's screen - e.g. track name, time remaining, bpm, pitch % etc.

Looping was also mapped but I couldn't honestly tell you much more than that as I never really used those features.

Things like that are very easy to map in Traktors Controller Editor though. The stuff which is normally a pain to map via MIDI is things like the jog wheels etc, which you would not have any problems with when running the CDJ400's in HID mode.

Your onboard CDJ400 effects probably won't work when using Traktor (mine didn't anyway), but it does mean you can then map those buttons to other functions like Flux Mode On/Off etc.

Good luck and have fun!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Hippy Jose View Post
    Thank you for the quick response! Do you remember what version of traktor you were running before you switched to the 2000's. I just want to make sure it works with the current version of traktor 2.6.3. Also do you remember if the encoder on the cdj actually scrolls up and down in the playlist on traktor? Thank you again, looking forward to picking these up on Monday
    It would have been quite an old version to be honest. It was probably an early version of v2. Not even v2.5 I'm guessing. If anything the integration should have improved since then.

And yup, the encoder did scroll through the tracks in the browser list I think I mapped one of the FX buttons to "Show/Hide Browser" and some other things like that. If something's not there in the default mapping it's quite easy to add it in via the controller editor once you get the hang of it.

You might want to check out some Youtube videos for "CDJ400 HID Traktor" just to be sure everything you're looking for is covered.

I'm just reporting back because half of the people don't after they've figured out what they're looking for. Just in case someone else is looking to hook up the 400's using hid in traktor. I am running traktor version 2.6.3 and my cdj's firmware is the latest 1.33. If your not using the cdjs as sound cards and using a traktor certified mixer, then these things are truly plug and play. I didn't have to install any mappings or drivers (using Mac). Simply plugged them in booted up traktor turned them on and turned the encoder to chose what deck I wanted to control. As easy as that

Tech Mentor

Just dropping in to revive this and share my experience with the shite CDJ 400s.

Current setup...

Xone:22
    CDJ 400s
    X1
    Traktor (latest version) w/ Audio 10
    Powered USB hub
    MBP

I run the Aggregate tool, but always have issues with the output, so the only way I can get it to work properly is to go through the Audio 10. The CDJ "CoreAudio" is pretty much useless.

Now the main issue, when using the Audio 10 instead of CoreAudio everything is usually fine, it's very hit or miss though and it's becoming very frustrating. Sometimes the CDJs will completely cut out switching to internal mode. Then "turn encoder" comes up on both CDJs and you have to reselect the deck. Other times, only one CDJ will respond when switching to USB mode. The other one just sits there, and "turn encoder" does not show.

I can provide photos and screenshots of everything. I've troubleshooted all possible connection issues, USB cables and/or powered hub is not the problem. I'm beginning to think the 400s are on their way out and I'm considering upgrading. I've read up so much on my issues with little success. ]

I'm not expecting much response, but why not give it a go?!
    Last edited by C.Lukas1; 06-13-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Drivers fully up to date?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast