Simple? 2 CDJ400s Running HID in Traktor Pro. How? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I know for sure that they work because this is the setup that I use. Plugging them straight into your computer (even after you've already opened Traktor) will set them up for HID automatically.

And yes, the soundcards CAN be aggregated on both MAC (core audio) and PC (ASIO4ALL)
    I've tried and use them both ways (depending on the computer I'm using).

Dynamics, you imported a TSI file though didn't you?

I was told by Pioneer to:
    1. set-up ASIO4ALL for both CDJs
    2. Open traktor
    3. Run set-up wizard and select CDJ as my controller
    4. push PC mode on CDJs to select the decks.

And that's it, no importing anything...
    Here's the link - http://forums.pioneerdj.com/eve/foru...606#2490077606
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Wizard

All the steps are correct. I didn't do it that way because I like to do it all manually. I did import the generic CDJ400 tsi and then made a custom mapping out of that.

That video is also for a MAC so you wouldn't use ASIO4ALL, you'd be using CoreAudio.

From your signature, it looks like you have the Audio2 DJ so you could keep running sound like you normally would from that. And if you have the latest version of Traktor, all you'd have to do would be to plug in your CDJ-400s into your computer and set them to USB Then your computer should recognize them, at which point you select which deck you want your CDJ's to control, on the CDJs themselves with the rotary encoder/push knob.

Tech Convert

I've did everyting you ask. But, my both channel only out in one channel only. I didn't use any audio interface soundcard. Please help me. Thanks before.

I did the aggregate soundcard thing on mine.

Opened audio midi setup with both cdjs plugged in made an aggregate device, then made sure the outputs were correct.

Then went into traktor and set it up from the controllers and and then selected my external outputs.

The problem with the cdj isn't that it doesn't read midi, or hid, but that it sees both cdjs as one device therefore runs it as one channel on an external mixer.

Tech Convert

Eksternal output? Remember that i didn't use any audio interface. My sound didn't want to come out if i choose asio4all v2.
    What should i do to make HID mode or midi showen up?
    Because it said that traktor scratch pro 1.2.7 is already compatible with cdj400.

OK, I've helped one of my buddy today to set up
    TP2
    a pair of CDJ400
    XONE:92

On a Windows 7 machine. You don't need ASIO4ALL at all if you only need 2 deck.

What I've done.
    1. Download & install the latest CDJ Firmware (v1.33)
    2. Download & Install the latest Driver for Windows 7 (V1.02)
    3. Install Traktor
    4. Select Pioneer ASIO as soundcard
    5. Select external mixing
    6. Assign CDJ 400 1 for Deck A in output routing
    7. Assign CDJ 400 2 for Deck B in output routing
    8. Switch the CDJ in USB mode, select the right Deck for each player
    9. Load a track, play, Enjoy

No tweaks, worked the first time with factory buffer/latency setting, no click, no pops... it just worked.

HTH
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Banned

If you essential to accomplish your own HID map, you can build these are if you'd equal to sign from scratch you can click on the Add add faction low Manoeuvre, go to Pioneer and sound on CDJ400. This leave lawless up a clean HID map which you can construct yourself.

Tech Student

Hi, i have a similar problem, ive gone through most of those step and all instalation steps that are on this page. but when i come to choose the cdj in output routing, its says not conected. as in it cant find a the cdjs.
    If i go down to ASIO4all bottom right of the screen i can see cdj 400 but cant go into it to select it. this is when my cdjs are plugged in.

also had a little go on virtual dj but a problem there if anyone knows, not that i use it now i have traktor. but on there it recognises it all perfectly and works if i load a track on one side were ok, but if i then load another it replaces the other aswell, so both decks with the new track.

any help with this would be great, posted on this because i have a similar problem to you. i run windows 7 on pc. and traktor 2. cheers

Tech Mentor

Does Traktor crash if you change the CDJ from HID mode to CD/USB mode? What if you simply take the device off of Traktor's output? Wondering about if you were to roll up with just your laptop to a club and use CDJs in HID and be able to transition DJs smoothly?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast