Simple? 2 CDJ400s Running HID in Traktor Pro. How?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Simple? 2 CDJ400s Running HID in Traktor Pro. How?

I have been all over the internet, from Pioneer, to NI, even some German websites but no one seems to grasp the concept fully of how to run them in HID. Many had to downgrade Traktor to 1.2.1 to even run them in MIDI.

I am upgrading from a controller to the CDJs as well as a DJM400 and would like to use Traktor with them in HID mode NOT MIDI for higher resolution.

It is a pretty basic Set-Up and I know it can be done, but am not seeing one thing leading to it. On Serato, yes, on Traktor Pro, no. I know Traktor 1.2.7 now allows HID support though.

Can someone please first tell me if it's possible, and then, if you could, guide me through the steps to make it happen?

Thank you and to all those who helped me earlier!
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Bump for some help before pulling the trigger...
    KRK RP8sFG

If you're on a Mac you'll have to create an aggregate soundcard device that combines both soundcards of the two CDJ 400s.

[youtube]wHtpIT4EhPI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ku9dNWHlg&feature=related[/youtube]
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Thank you I have seen those, but it doesn't explain the set-up process. The first one says MIDI in the descriptions anyway.

And if on a PC? Use ASIO4ALL?

I understand NOT to import a tsi. file, as this would then be MIDI. Do I use the set-up wizard inside Traktor then?
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Wizard

In order to make an aggregate device on the PC, you need to have the CDJs plugged in (after you've installed their drivers) then go to Audio Setup in Traktor and in the Audio Device menu, choose ASIO4ALL. This should open up the device manager where you need to choose both CDJs.

Then go to Output Routing and click on External for the Mixing Mode. Assign your CDJs accordingly.

Then for the maps, usually once you have your CDJs plugged in, Traktor should recognize them, at which point you choose which deck they need to focus on, on the CDJs themselves.

Under Controller Manager in Traktor Preferences, you should see 2 Pioneer.CDJ maps. These are HID maps that pop up standard once you plug in a CDJ and are assigned to their respective CDJs by the In-Port.

If you want to make your own HID map, you can customize these are if you'd like to start from scratch you can click on the Add button right under Device, go to Pioneer and click on CDJ400. This will open up a blank HID map which you can customize yourself.

A way to know if you're using HID and not MIDI is that all of the track info of the song you're playing shows up in the CDJ's screen.

As for the sound, just plug in your CDJs to your mixer with RCA connectors and you should be good to go.

No need to use ASIO4ALL if you're going to use your Audio 2 for the soundcard.

Tech Mentor

played with this set up over at a buddy of mine. Just connect both directly via usb to your pc. hook up your audio card. And select the CDJ400's in traktor. No extra software needed.

Quote Originally Posted by addictive View Post
    played with this set up over at a buddy of mine. Just connect both directly via usb to your pc. hook up your audio card. And select the CDJ400's in traktor. No extra software needed.
    I think that's MIDI only, he's after HID.

Can Gryz, can you let us know if that method of making both of them aggreagated works? I'm interested in getting a CDJ-400 in the future...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Yeah I purchased them already. I will know here for sure in the next week or so and let you know. If it doesn't work, then I'll just run them without software, no big deal.
    KRK RP8sFG

Thank you!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast