Midi mapping to keyboard mapping?

Default Midi mapping to keyboard mapping?

Hi all,
    Ive got an LPD8 which I use for effects triggering inside of traktor. Unfortunately it rarely comes with me as then I need to bring USB hubs and more cabling, which is a bit of a pain.

So I got thinking; what do I always take with me that I can use?

PC keyboard! WIN!

And then the fun starts.

Ive got the midi map all laid out, its perfect for my needs. But I cannot seem to change the type of map to keyboard.

Surely the commands are the same, so why so much of a ball ache?

Has anyone had any luck with this? By which I mean converting a midi mapping to a keyboard mapping.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Impossible, sadly. You'll have to start from scratch
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Thanks for the quick reply man.

That does suck on rather large levels, I really dont think theres any difference in the command structure or even the way you assign the keyboard as the controller! Oversight or just lazy coding on NI's part?

hrmph, starting from scratch sucks.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

it's a shame they don't let you do that and just warn you that all OUT's are going to be deleted and all 'types' set to 'button'. but maybe it would do more harm than good for most people doing it by accident maybe and screwing stuff up?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"