Problem mapping Kontrol X1
    Tech Convert

Default Problem mapping Kontrol X1

I have been trying to map my new X1 in midi mode, however I am running into a few difficulties. For the most part it works, however, when I switch into MIDI mode serveral LED's do not illuminate at all and when I try to map them with the "learn" command, no midi value shows up as if I didn't hit a button.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure if the X1 is different as it's an NI product, but don't you have to map the LEDs manually?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

In midi mode you will need to know the cc values of each led to map them out mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

ok, I didn't quite explain myself in the best way. The lights aren't an issue, its that the buttons that don't light up in midi mode are unresponsive and I can't map them to any command. In the Transport section its the "In" "BEAT >" 'CUE|REL' and 'SYNC'

Check the x1 in the Controller Editor software... maybe some button are turned off by default...

Tech Convert

yep ^^

That was it, can't believe I didn't check that first :eek: