had my first major gig last night - touch osc / smartmixer review - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well done man would love to see some pics and vids

+1 on the sweat factor.

Used three shirts in 2 hours at last MIDI Fight Club in Berlin.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Good job mate! It's cool that you recognized your mistakes, but also that the crowd really just wants to have a good time. Sounds like you gave em what they wanted. Every time I mess up a transition but the crowd still goes nuts, it takes a little more of my stress and pre-gig nervousness and throws it out the window. I've realized keeping it tight is my own personal agenda, but the small flaws don't mess up the overall vibe. People can be very forgiving, and really it's all about having fun. It SHOULD be that way
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

thank you guys once more.

listening to my mix, i realized theres also several non-technical mistakes that i made there, but this just taught me ALOT about actual djing. while not sounding great, i realized that the exodus remix was too much for a non-break-head-crowd (which i could have realized before) and i very quickly switched to some slower electro style which filled the the floor again.

i also realized how important proper monitoring is. all of my filtering towards the end sounds gross. i did the whole set without headphones. i had my earplugs in (which sound okay, but not great) and there was no proper monitoring (so i basicly monitored through the club system). this all sounded okay in the club, but a high-quality monitor like in ears would have made the result sounding way cleaner - especially the recording. i just dont like the idea of some cable not letting me jump around / walk freely / talk to people. well, we'll see.

i put the mix online. let me know what you think.

"its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12