DJTT Drum & Bass Train - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

One idea...
    22:47 (Sorry...) 175 BPM and it starts in B Minor and ends in B flat Minor (or 10A and 3A if you are a camelot wheel user)

Tracklist:

Alex Reece - Pulp Fiction (Lynx 2010 Edit)
    Madmen and Poets - Delta Zero
    Specific - She Dreams
    Gulfway Cartel - Harvest Dub
    Madcap - Red October
    Brother - Satisfy
    Fourward - Eyelash
    Total Science Feat. MC Conrad - Soul Patrol (Total Science and Bungle's Sunny Side Up Mix)

let me know what you think

FYI I had to juggle my son for a little bit in the middle of the mix

heres the intro, should you choose to use it. i wont take it personally, it only means i can use it myself later lol. here: http://soundcloud.com/theory28/powde...ix-train-intro
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

oh shi-

ill re do it tomorrow, i didnt realize the fader was at 100% when i brought in nexus (sorry its late) its supposed to be at 50 and i bring it up slowly.

well, now you have an idea of how it would be
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

I just listened to the above mix...I realize that it ends terribly now (never, ever use the Phaser thinking that it's on flux when it isnt or else things sound like that also don't overuse the beatslicer) I really should just wait my turn but that's kinda the vibe I go with MF lemme know if it's too relaxed... Sorry about that all

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Yeah, probably best to just wait for what MIDIFidler does. If you wanna go with something entire different by all means do so, you'll just need to find a good song or two to get there. I'm about to go to bed but I'll listen to what you put together in the morning, if it's anything like your previous mix I'll enjoy it.

Theory, as for the powerpuffgirls intro, might work as a break of sorts to reset the mood for your part? Not sure it's gonna set the right vibe for what MIDIFidler is gonna do, really have no clue what he's planning.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

right on, in the morning then, also how is this going to go...are we going to send our finished products to one individual and he is going to mix it all together or will we be mixing off of the end of the person in front of us (IE is MF going to send me his 20 or so minutes and I'm goinig off that or will one person just edit the whole thing together) also I keep on going about 2 minutes over is that too much or is it workable

Did I miss the dnb train? Are there any slots left?
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    right on, in the morning then, also how is this going to go...are we going to send our finished products to one individual and he is going to mix it all together or will we be mixing off of the end of the person in front of us (IE is MF going to send me his 20 or so minutes and I'm going off that or will one person just edit the whole thing together) also I keep on going about 2 minutes over is that too much or is it workable
    Listened to what you mixed and it's good. I think it's best if we do it by having each person mix off of the previous person's part. As such (this goes for everone) please provide what BPM you finished at. Being two minutes over might be workable, probably a fair bit more workable if it were a minute over, but yeah, best to just see what MIDIFidler puts together to get this thing rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Did I miss the dnb train? Are there any slots left?
    I think you missed the train Flash, all slots are filled. I'll be sure to let you know if someone drops out though.
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Aha, no worries then. Also if it's at all possible could we get a key signature from the incoming track as I don't have access to my guitar at the moment (it's in dallas at my father's house) and I don't have mixed in key yet. It would help me out immensely. Also wouldn't it be a bit easier to have one person edit the whole thing together...It wouldn't be so bad for me because I come after someone early, but for the later people wouldn't traktor have a problem with files that large?

Yeah the file size isn't actually that big of a deal. a 1 hour mix in .wav is around 650MB, if you set your file size limit to 2GB for recording then we're fine. Also listening to what the others have played would I think help get us in the mood for our parts, help us streamline our part into the mix. Far more likely to get a streamlined mix that way than if we just edited it all together.

Also I just uploaded a mix I recorded a couple days ago, might give you guys an idea of the kind of stuff to expect from my part:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20357
    Last edited by Citizen_Insane; 11-13-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: shameless self plug

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast