Syncing 2 Macs w/ TSP
    Tech Wizard

Default Syncing 2 Macs w/ TSP

Sorry if this has been covered (if so please link me) but I am really interested in being able to sync up with my buddy(s) who are also using Traktor.

I found a thread on the NI forum that had a link to the answer here: https://co.native-instruments.com/kn...wo%20TRAKTORs? but I was unable to sign in because I am not registered.

Is this possible with 2 versions of TSP and 2 audio 8s?

Could someone clear this up for me? Thanks!

Tech Guru

yes, me and a friend do this. it was a pain in the ass to dial in, but once set, its set for life. also one other issue is that every couple of mins it helps if the clock sending TSP has the 'sync' button pressed to cut out any drift.

if you read the manual, its actually in there (page 148). but long story short, decide which TSP is going to be the master and connect the midi out of it's audio 8 to the midi in of the slave TSP's audio 8. On the sending TSP in the global clock bit check that 'Int' is selected and click on the Play/Pause button. this will begin sending the midi clock. on the slave TSP, set the clock to 'Ext'

Now for the 'fun' part...

click on 'tick' on both TSP's so you can hear it through ur mixer. they will be out of time, click 'sync' to reset it and then you adjust the midi clock sending offset in pref>midi setup until the ticks are in time. we found that we had to balance that with the latency to get it perfect. it does take time, be prepared to get frustrated and consider alcholism as a career
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Wizard

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Ill be sure to have a stiff drink as we set it up.

is it possible to do this if both of us have audio 2's instead of audio 8's?
    and we dont have tsp just traktor pro
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

Tech Guru

The only way you would get it to work is if you both have midi controller with midi in and out sockets. mind you, if you both have the same controller, doing it that way could create some funny actions on the recieving tp
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    The only way you would get it to work is if you both have midi controller with midi in and out sockets. mind you, if you both have the same controller, doing it that way could create some funny actions on the recieving tp
    I'm pretty sure there's a way of doing it over LAN or WiFi...
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

well yeah with osc, but midi is way quicker and easier imo