Bit sad this has become an S4 forum...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Bit sad this has become an S4 forum...

Just saying, this community was born from something really original and true to djing (remapping the VCI-100, overlay, arcade buttons etc) and I know all is good and is still the place to be etc.... just saying... it felt like a hidden gem before.

Reading people getting vexed about late delivery and shit just makes me think this site is in danger of loosing some it's original spirit.

I think the S4 looks badass, I may even get one but I dunno.

Reckon it was a cool moment in time when DJTT was all about taking a decent controller and DIY modding it into something cool and powerful and unique...

Just saying is all

Me loves me DJTT innit
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

It won't last too long, just until the initial hype dies down. At least there's a separate S4 section now.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

fear not, I belive people will start modding and mapping their S4. Besides, not everyone in here is getting one and one product can't kill our nerdy spirit
    Last edited by padi_04; 11-09-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Tech Guru

is this about the S4 or is it really about the focus moving away from the controller you own, VCI-100...

if it's any consolation there are regulars here like myself who don't use either.. hell i don't even use traktor pro.

<----Traktor3 + UC33e + Oxygen8

I would provide help & support with the S4, but Im not high enough in the DJ world to get a demo S4 from NI. Heck I would be open to doing live chats thru AIM/Yahoo or Google...but once again I havent won a DMC title or have mad scratching skills.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

thats the business decision DJTT made when they became a NI tester/reseller IMO. These are just extra NI support forums these days.

Cha-ching

I think there's a lot of good information on here anyhow. It's a matter that the S4 is the biggest, newest, and shiny'est controller out there at the moment.

With DJTT being the leading forum on the controller front, of course you're going to have a lot of information on it and people being really excited about it. Hell, Traktor is even getting a facelift with it, and learning more about that is going to help a lot of people with very different systems.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I like a bit of geeky new tech, so I tend to get far more annoyed by the 'Just starting, what gear should I buy', 'I can't monitor from my onboard soundcard', 'My cracked Traktor 1.2.4 crashes' threads, the questions that get asked over and over and over again.

But then I have a cuppa tea and it's all OK
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

All the S4 threads are now in the S4 forum arent they..?

I dont see the issue.

I come here to get away from constant NI talk so im still hanging in the General Forum.

When i first joined here i said that i might not have much to offer as i didnt have a VCI and member Chilly said i was talking bollocks cus this isnt a VCI forum its a controllerism/tech forum... still its in my view.

When the dust settles on the S4 things will be back to normal.

My biggest concern is that people arent drinking enough and there arent enough embarrassing drunken posts these days.

Kids are getting to cool for school ???

That's not really a fair charge. The S4 is the latest toy, so of course it's a big deal. But if you look in the show your gear thread, you'll see a lot of people with wildly different, varied setups. It's my thought that this is the point of DJTT... customizing your rigs for your own mixing style and discussing these ideas (although I'm new, so maybe I don't know anything). Certainly, the S4 has a place in some people's setups .

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast