What Software do you use? - Page 4

View Poll Results: What Dj Software do you use?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traktor

55 72.37%
  • Deck A Dance

2 2.63%
  • Torq

4 5.26%
  • Ableton Live

8 10.53%
  • Serato Scratch

1 1.32%
  • Mix Vibes

0 0%
  • Other

6 7.89%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by obsidiance View Post
    Hmm i think VirtualDJ should be on there, as its also sold as CUE if im not mistaken.

I first began with Deckadance, but have been disappointed with the key lock and thus moved to virtualdj, if deckandance get their keylock worked out ill be back on it for sure.

In the mean time i think im going to have to get my head around Tractor, it just seems a bit over-featured if you know what i mean.
    Traktor just looks intimidating (that is how I felt too). I started playing with Virtual DJ because the layout is much more friendly to a newbie. After time, I just wasn't having any luck with VDJ's beatgrids, and their effects were kinda cumbersome to play with.

I was originally looking down the route of a Hercules controller and VDJ, but after a LOT of homework, and many of Ean's videos, I ended up saving all my pennies for a VCI-100 and an Audio 8 DJ for Traktor 3.3. I don't regret it at all.

I really suggest downloading the Traktor 3 demo. It's full featured, you just have to close it and re-open it every half hour. It also saves all of your beatgrids (which are far more accurate and easier than VDJ) even though you are still using the demo. Do what I did; use the demo to practice and make your beatgrids, then pay for the full version later as your mixes get better and you get sick of restarting every half hour.

I also bought the Traktor 3 DVD tutorial. It is very helpful, but try to find it used, cause once you get that stuff down, you will no longer need it.

Hope this helps anyone out there.

Tech Convert

Traktor,waiting for some Xponent leds support in another software like deckadance.

Quote Originally Posted by lewdelesion View Post
    I also bought the Traktor 3 DVD tutorial. It is very helpful, but try to find it used, cause once you get that stuff down, you will no longer need it.
    i did too, it definitely helped out a bit though it would be great if they updated it (or just posted an online-addendum) to cover 3.3 and more importantly briefly cover control surfaces and their default mappings.

Default Deckadance!! Of Course!!!

Deckadance after years of Traktor 2.5.3

TRAKTOR 3 and ableton

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by earwax View Post
    cant believe i am the only one so far using ssl. slowly picking up ableton and my g4 powerbook doesnt meet the minimum for traktor.
    I rock SSL, too.

Which Powerbook G4 do you have? Mine is 1.5ghz w/upgraded 1.25GB of ram and it works golden with Traktor 3. Well, I only have LE, but I haven't run into any problems.

I am personally dieing to make the change to Deckadance, but i am still waiting for the day i can have as much control over the midi assignments as i like. + more cue points is essential :|
    Last edited by BentoSan; 05-19-2008 at 03:47 AM.

Still wresting with that?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Still wresting with that?
    Yeah, its just not possible yet >=(
    I visit the deckadance site at least twice a week waiting for updates

I love traktor and hate virtual dj, it seems like a toy by comparison, traktor just seems more professional. I had a quick look at deckadance and was fairly impressed by what i saw. Could say after about 20 - 30 minutes i liked it more than VDJ.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast