What Software do you use? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What Dj Software do you use?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traktor

55 72.37%
  • Deck A Dance

2 2.63%
  • Torq

4 5.26%
  • Ableton Live

8 10.53%
  • Serato Scratch

1 1.32%
  • Mix Vibes

0 0%
  • Other

6 7.89%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Years ago I used deejaysystem a lightweight but powerfull and stable software. Then I discovered traktor studio 1 and I never left it traktor was different from the others.. different from the awful mixvibes 2.24 or pcdj.. or the worst.. the atomix mp3..

About Virtualdj... I tried once and after I played with high/mid/low knobs I remove it from Pc.. Virtualdj don't sound good even with a good soundcard.

Tech Mentor

Traktor 3.2 all the way, Im sure we can figure out a way to extract all the milk from this cow.

Started with Virtual Turntables (VTT) some 10 years ago!

http://www.carrotinnovations.com/

I got so fast doing beatmatching and syncing that I could mix from a single output and nobody would notice. Even made my own skins for the thing. Ten years on and people still call you an idiot for using mixing digitally - good job the revolution has finally caught us up.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I use Traktor for all of it. I'd like to get involved with Ableton Live, but between money and the desire to still get everything out of Traktor I can I think it'll wait.

:-)

Default Dj Software

Virtual Dj. By far one of the best yet least respected software alternatives out there. I started with Mixmeister, Otsturntable, Acid, PCDJ, but in the end, Virtual Dj was the most stable. Their forum is quick to respond to my needs and the software works if you take the time to get your machine up to par. Still don't know why so many folks sleep or hate on the software. They had video mixing way before serato or some others.

Still using Ableton (mouse/keyboard only! ), the open source dj tool mixxx or regular vinyl (2x SL1200). However I am looking out for an all new MIDI setup.

Might stick to Ableton though.
    Last edited by tekki; 04-01-2008 at 04:15 AM. Reason: forgot to mention mixxx. ;)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I am in a few minds about the delivery methods of getting my audio into Ableton, Deckadance isnt quite cutting it for me even if it has VST client support - though deckadance is a piece of software i have a very close and keen eye on. So recently i've switched over to a Ableton only setup for some experimentation, I will also give Traktor a go with the Virtual Audio Cable software and see how i go routing the audio into Ableton.

Ive also started using the smart mixer setup using only Ableton Live devices and found it to use much less processing power while also having a much cleaner user interface. While i have found Moldovers Reaktor very interesting and its given me a lot of ideas for what i can do with my own setup, though i don't think i will continue to use the Reaktor files.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 04-17-2008 at 05:03 AM. Reason: clarity

Will look into that one. Thanks mate!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

I'm Running Traktor 3.2.2 and also have been experimenting with different ways of running Ableton Live 7 alongside Traktor.
    Live: Mac [2.4Duo/4Gb Ram/250Gb/10.7.5 OS], S4, F1, MF Spectra, Traktor Pro 2, Motu Ultralite
    Production: Ableton Suite 8, Novation Remote 49SLMKII, Various Plugins, Arturia MiniBrute, TB303 [Devilfish Mod], Doepfer Dark Energy, Quasimidi 309, AT4047, Mackie 1202vlz, Event 20/20 Monitors

I use ableton live 6

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast