Traktor Kontrol S4 or Denon DN-MC6000 or Vestax VCI300 MKII??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djkizouk View Post
    Traktor Kontrol S4 899,00 €
    Denon DN-MC6000 759,00 €
    Vestax VCI300 MKII 779,00 €

hi peolples i wanna buy a controller and i've donne some search and i wanna know what u think about these controllers and which one of these i feel better buyer or in others words best served in relation money/quality.

cherrs
    The denon mc6000 is my opionion the best choice, ive gotten my hands on these controllers.

The mc6000 is not crowded as reviews tend to say it is, the buttons and nobs feel amazing, the audio output is loud and crisp, and it has every F'ing option that others dont. The only thing it is missing is a midi in out port, if you dont need that, ITS THE TITS MAN.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0.1 / Stanton str8-80 turntables -520sk cartridges / Audio 8 Dj / Akai Lpd-8 / Novation Dicer / ADJ Q-Spand Pro / Macbook Pro 2.66 i7 4 GB Ram

Quote Originally Posted by braincloud View Post
    It's interesting that the S4 version of Traktor you have installed does not work with the Denon. I was wondering if that specialized version of Traktor was hobbled in any way. It seems like a person should be able to use it with any interface, or at least get a gratis copy of Traktor Pro to be able to use.
    it is if you dont own an s4... it should work just the same, but having the JUST s4 version of traktor seems fishy and possibly why it isnt working correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Convert

So just to clear some things up for you forum junkies.
    The denon does support timecode through traktor, just watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_R9AG1tans

again I own this thing. It has internally a four channel sound card, that is two stereo ins, and two stereo outs. A lot of users have trouble figuring out how to do this because well frankly they are stupid and cant take the time to read the manual and set it up properly. When the mixer is set to pc mix then the denon mixes internally and channels C and D are controlled via midi, if the denon is set to internal mix then midi control for C and D are turned off and traktor is routed through and the Denon is operating as an analog mixer, and c and d are freed up for mixing externally.

If you are using the s4 version of the software well then why would you expect it to work with the denon and why are you even using a denon? Upgrade to traktor scratch > that simple.

Again this thing is the tits seriously get down with it you wont be dissapointed, the S4 is ugly and has cheap internals regardless of what you read or the fact that its priced higher than the denon, its flimsier, and ive had dj friends break their line faders over and over again.
    Last edited by illikiwi; 11-29-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0.1 / Stanton str8-80 turntables -520sk cartridges / Audio 8 Dj / Akai Lpd-8 / Novation Dicer / ADJ Q-Spand Pro / Macbook Pro 2.66 i7 4 GB Ram

Tech Convert

to clarify this traktor pro 2 will NEVER support timecode, you NEED to have traktor SCRATCH pro 2 to use timecode EVER no matter what you use to control the software.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by illikiwi View Post
    the S4 is ugly and has cheap internals regardless of what you read .
    Your opinion on whether the S4 is ugly is subjective, and yours to have but to say that it has "cheap internals" is utter rubbish, spurious and misleading.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Your opinion on whether the S4 is ugly is subjective, and yours to have but to say that it has "cheap internals" is utter rubbish, spurious and misleading.
    yes that is my opinion.

Tech Convert

the only reason I say that about the internals being ive had two friends with hardware failures on multiple units, the third friend has had no such problems.

AND OF COURSE, I have only had an mc6000 for a short time, timecode support was a huge issue for my and I wanted to insure I would have the option of continuing to use my turntables. I wanted a four channel controller but I did not like the feel of the s4, I did a lot of research before dropping the cash for this thing.

Why is the mistruth about timecode support so pervasive? It has two stereo inputs, therefore (at least with core audio on my mac) it supports timecode. I will try to film a quick video of the mc6000 in operation with turntables this afternoon after my classes to settle this.
    Last edited by illikiwi; 11-28-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Tech Convert

Just to clarify my attitude, this was the last sentence of my reply on the djtech review.

"Just get your hands on one and buy the one you like better, they both rule, my vote is for the denon though! "

Quote Originally Posted by illikiwi View Post
    it does support timecode though dude.
    Its not listed as TSP Certified.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 11-28-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Personally, I ordered a KOntrol S4 because I think traktor is the best program for me. The new 2.0 software is amazing, and although the denon is perfectly suited and well laid out for traktor, obviously the home team is going to win with those extra few proprietary buttons and knobs. I also like NI as a company and though they seem understaffed in the Customer Service Department, I always get a response eventually. And the S4 will likely do timecode sooner or later. Maybe it's in V 2.0, I forgot to check.
    CHeck what..? The S4 is Traktor Scratch Certified but does not come with Traktor Scratch Pro and will not do in ver2. The DVS upgrade need to be purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by M:HOUSE View Post
    Hi i was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers on mapping, i currently run a Denon mc6000 with traktor le on a macbook air. i already have a full version of s4 installed and working but i'm finding it had to get the mc6000 working again. Is there a mapping file i can simply import or does this have to be done manually and if so how do i go about it ?
    many thanks M:House
    Traktor S4 software is not Denon Traktor Ready as it was a version of Traktor sold for the exclusive use with the Kontrol S4. It does not come with Denon setup files but you can map it by hand with the Controler Manager.

Do you own an S4 Kontroller.

I'm not sure about Traktor LE, but it should have a TSI file built in to control the Denon. If not, there are several TSI files available here:

http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ne.aspx?id=127

Perhaps Traktor LE is limited with the kinds of TSI files it can load.
    Thats right, Its free software that only works as Traktor Ready with certain controllers. Its is not mappable.

It's interesting that the S4 version of Traktor you have installed does not work with the Denon. I was wondering if that specialized version of Traktor was hobbled in any way. It seems like a person should be able to use it with any interface, or at least get a gratis copy of Traktor Pro to be able to use.
    It just needs mapping by hand. No need for free versions of software to be handed out. If you can find a tsi to use then you can use it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast