controller decision - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

yes, they will be, but it may take a while it may take very lil time, its up to u
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

I have the RMX and its great. It was the first controller I bought, and use it regularly for gigging. I've mapped it perfectly for TP and its solid as hell. It also has a built in soundcard, which is very convenient. These days you can probably pick one up for about $300 which fits well within your budget right?

You will find most of the members here promoting then VCI which is a great controller but maybe just out of your budget. the 4MX looks great too, but its expensive and for that price I would go for the VCI instead. Get the RMX and practice on that for a while and then try upgrading from there.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Suprised the VMS4 by american audio has not been mentioned if your "real" budget is $450 ..

Check it out .. again, I havent got my greasy fingers on one yet but it made my pupils dilate when I saw it .. the fact that it'll work without a laptop as a mixer is pretty cool.

Tech Wizard

the vsm4 does look nice, all these choices!!! i have a question now, if i have around the 500 to spend should i look at just getting a controller for mixing effects and stuff or should i think about a controller and a seperate effects controller like NI or Pioneer have out? all these options!!:eek:

haha .. the budget is getting bigger

$150 increase in a few days :P .. hold on for 2 weeks and you'll be getting an s4 ...4 weeks and it'll be a 4D hehe.

Personally I dont see the need for an external effects unit unless you're going semi analogue ala CDJ's .. Traktors effects are damn good and plenty to play with initially, you can always route Traktor through Ableton if you get bored hehe.

Tech Wizard

haah yeah i think i forgot to update here, my gf knows that ive been lookin real hard for a controller so she wants to help me for my xmas present.. so my budget has been fattened!! but it wont get any bigger haha, i would love an s4 but not gonna afford that for a long time.. so i guess around this range, the best 3 options are the vms4, the 4-mx, and the vci100se? DECISIONS SUCK

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Hercules rmx is a great and solid lump of kit, I've had mine for about 2 years and its not let me down...Its built like a tank and has the weight to match!

The soundcard isn't half bad either considering its integrated, and you can use the phono/line inputs as well if you wanna go time code at some stage..
    o
    I bought a hercules rmx and had it for about a day. I found that the soundcard was shit. When I had speakers plugged into it there was a constant buzz even with no audio going through. I'm sure the buttons work fine and faders and such maybe, but the sound card was a joke.

JUST GET A VCI-100!!!
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic6857_2.gif
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro 15" Retina display
    Traktor Kontrol S4 MKI ----- Machine MKII Gold Edition
    AIAIAI TMA-1 headphones ----- GENELEC 8020B monitors with 8050B subwoofer

I bought a hercules rmx and had it for about a day. I found that the soundcard was shit. When I had speakers plugged into it there was a constant buzz even with no audio going through. I'm sure the buttons work fine and faders and such maybe, but the sound card was a joke.
    Thats the kinda thing that gets repaired or replaced under warranty, did you bring it back ?

Mine certainly has no nasty buzzing noises under any circumstances so guess yours was faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by dj pFunk View Post
    haah yeah i think i forgot to update here, my gf knows that ive been lookin real hard for a controller so she wants to help me for my xmas present.. so my budget has been fattened!! but it wont get any bigger haha, i would love an s4 but not gonna afford that for a long time.. so i guess around this range, the best 3 options are the vms4, the 4-mx, and the vci100se? DECISIONS SUCK
    Well out of those options either the VMS4 or the 4MX would be the better choice for your budget, as they both have internal soundcards. The VCI would be great, but then you would need to get an external soundcard. This is better in a way cos then you would have better sound quality than the others, but it would cost you more than $500. Maybe try looking for a 2nd hand VCI and soundcard, that might fit inside your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Thats the kinda thing that gets repaired or replaced under warranty, did you bring it back ?

Mine certainly has no nasty buzzing noises under any circumstances so guess yours was faulty.
    Yeah I never had any issues with my soundcard until now. The only issue I had was that it isnt the best quality soundcard around, but I supopose you cant have a 24bit soundcard running on USB power alone.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

I use the Hercules Steel along with a MidiFighter and an Audio2 Soundcard. And while I would love to get my hands on an S4, I just finished an in depth mapping allowing me to use the Steel with 4 decks using the two volume faders, pitch faders and just about every other button for the two new decks. The only thing I'm basically missing is high-res jog wheels and a few extra banks for "sampling" like the S4. But I don't do much beat juggling, so I'm a happy camper.

Moral of the story, start with something cheaper, you may not need to dish out as much as you thought.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast