Hi folks,

After realizing that I hardly ever use the gain encoder knobs during my sets I decided to map them to something useful.

Im sure you are all familiar with Army Of Me and her brilliant mapping of a build sweet with three different effects (Iceverb, Peak Filter & Reverb) set to one knob.

Firstly I blocked the default mapping of the Gain Encoders and attributed each encoder to each of the 4 decks. turning the encoder to the right will start the AoM sweep in Effects Bank 3 with everything including D/W building up from 0. I have changed the Reverb to a Reverb t3 and changed the speed of its build so it goes slower as its fairly powerful.

As soon as you use use for example the Deck C encoder, the effects bank 3 will turn on for Deck C and turn off for all others. The same is true for the Encoder push button underneath it.

I have set the encoder push button to a delay freeze set at 40%(D/W) 60,40,1/4. This is in Effects Bank 4.

As the toggle mode for the button doesnt really work, in order to turn the Freeze off you have to turn the encoder back to the left, and I would turn it fast to the left as it may still have residual effects from the AoM sweet, but its unnoticible if you do it fast.

The encoder should start with 0 values, but its a good habit to turn it left before using it to make sure.

I realize using the encoder rather than a knob makes it sound slightly steppy, but if you do it smoothly enough it sounds good.

One problem I have found and I will need the help of the tech experts out there is why is it interfering with the effect units 1&2 buttons just below the encoders. It is essentially disabling the number 2 buttons for A&C and the number 1 buttons for B&D. I use the X1 for effects banks so its a workaround, but if anyone could edit the .tsi so it works better that would be awesome.

You can map this to whatever you want, different effects, different speeds, it works for me, but it may not be for you. Any feedback is very welcome.

Cheers
Alinement