Numark Mixtrack
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Numark Mixtrack

Tech Wizard

Default Numark Mixtrack

I'm new to the forums and I have a few questions.
    My partner and I are what I call laptop DJ's we use a laptop a mixer amp and speakers, we want to add controllers but don't wanna send a ton since we only DJ a couple times a month for fun we only charge for weddings and such everything else we only charge fuel just because we both love music so much and crowd control........anyway I'm looking to buy the numark mixtrack but I don't know what else I need to purchase, I want to scratch a little and listen to my next track for cueing etc etc.
    Thanks in advance.

You'll need an Audio Interface with at least 2 outputs to enable cueing (one output for the master, one for the cue/pfl), and some headphones.

That's about it, mate. As for the Mixtrack- as far as controllers go, it's a matter of taste.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

My partner owns the beats by Dre headphones (i don't really like them they look nice but feel kinda flimsy ) I own technic 1200 headphones (old school feel) I looked at he numark audio interface just needed to make are its what I need. Reason I'm getting the numark is because the turntable coffins I have can be connected and made into one the numark for a perfect according to the specs the tech department gave me over the phone.

I have the Mixtrack. I would say it is perfect for entry-level djing. The knobs and faders are pretty weak feeling though and might break off with time or excessive force. I do not scratch, so I cannot speak to how the jog wheels are for that application. Like Patch said, you will need a soundcard. Check this link out: http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/04/2...less-than-200/
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Tech Wizard

I'm a matching brand kinda DJ I went with the numark sound card.
    I'm entry level and will probably remain entry level, not really aiming to be Kid capri
    Just love to control the crowd and I spend 150 every Tuesday on new and old releases so a wedding here and there to get some of that cash back is all I aim for.......right now anyway.

@ Bighomie
    It's really not a bad buy at all. . .

I've had mine for some time now, and I've rocked several parties with with other DJ's using the Mixtrack. . .has not let me down.

You're definitely going to need a specific soundcard. . .NI Audio 2 DJ is worth it. Loud and easy to set-up. I've had the DJ IO Numark makes, and the output is just not the same.

Scratching, the response was good. I was really surprised on the response. the cross fader though has something less desired. If you scratch "hamster" (Reverse), your in for arude awakening! (I'm a reverse kinda-guy!). it'll work, but don't expect to win the next DMC battle with it. . .

As others have said though, the knobs are not great. . .functional, but not sturdy.

Hope that helps. . .

Tech Wizard

@DJwindz can you give me the measurements, the specs I thought I have are for the Hercules Steel.
    Also is the Numark rackable like I mentioned I have to real turntables for djing but I want the controller to goin those coffins which can be made to one.

@bighomie
    I don't have the exact measurements, but I think it be about 17-18" across, probably 12-13" high, and 2" thick. . .probably 2 3/4" if you want spacing for the knobs too.

Rackable? Naw man. . It's actually light enough that I just use an Odyssey L-stand (folding design). It pretty light, and it does the job pretty well.

Odyssey also makes a case that works well with the Mixtrack.

http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-products/fzluc.html
    A bit overkill for a $150 controller, but at least it's better protection than what I got.

You could go with the M-Audio TORQ bag I've seen for an all in one solution for the Mixtrack, Laptop, and any other necessary for a small gig, or a gig with multiple other DJ's

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...t_Gig_Bag.html

This one does the job for me though, as I lug a backpack for my laptop. . . .

Hope this helps you out, Big!

@bighomie
    Coffin Set-ups are limited with what you have, and not much room for expanding.

My own set-up has 2 turntables, a Vestax 05 ProIII, and multiple MIDI controls for Serato Scratch Live (Korg Nano pad for Cue points and Loop rolls, and Korg Kontrol for FX). I also have Novation Dicers that are simply sweet!

But I have Road Ready cases for the heavy stuff, and the Mixer case I have is an Odyssey Glide system.

I used it once for a MAJOR all day house party I did and had the Mixtrack set-up above the mixer for the vinyl/"traditional" dj's, while I had another L Stand off the left/right so I'm not behind a laptop all the time.

Overkill on the info, but just offering as much as I can. . .again, good luck with that, Big!

Tech Wizard

No such thing as too much info, i'm researching the bags as we speak, i'm going to either buy if build a box to hold my mixer amp and my light control panel. The numark and his hercules are small investments to see how far we want to take this djing thing thanks a ton i'll probably buy one if those bags or look here in town at a hobby shop. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast