Hercules MP3 e2 Traktor Mapping (vestax alike)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Hercules MP3 e2 Traktor Mapping (vestax alike)

I've done a mapping to serve me as a dj to my hercules e2. This is a cheap and small table, yet fully capable of doing some pro work.

Using the video from Ean i've done pretty much of the same configuration of the effects of the vestax to the e2.

Works:
    in the normal mode all works pretty much the same, exception to the loops and activation that is now in a more common sense: the 1 and 2 shift the loop and 3 activates, 4 serves as filter with the pitch knob, releasing the filter comes to 0 again when activated

the scratch and automix serve now as the new effects mode, they didn't serve to me anyway

the scratch serves as the A track effects
    the picth knob is the dry/wet of the eff 1 bank
    the jog wheel "stirs" up the amount of several paramters
    the 1 activates the eff 1, bay 1
    the 2 the eff 2, bay 2
    the 3 -> slicer
    the 4 -> delay (the + button activates the feedback)

the automix serves the B track pretty much the same way

PS: this is in beta phase BUT i'm already comfortable the way it works now. It was bad the way it was mapped before

Sorry for my bad english because i'm portuguese

If you have one, give it a try. If will make wonders of a rather boring mixer.

Forgot the file...

Tech Student

I don't know if you still go on this forum but still, shall I ask why does the Deck B mapping is not the same then the Deck A's one? If you experience the same thing I do, can you upload any patched mapping? Thanks, keep it up

well i cannot tell what your problem was until you can be more specific, although i've made some changes from de last time, the files are in attachement

short resume:
    - i've nailed some of the bugs and mostly corrected the "fx mode"
    - now the "fx mode" is independent between the A and B decks
    - the new fx file has to be mapped also the the hercules I/O and when in "fx mode" in each deck, when pressed the shift button, every number loads 2 different fx combinations in slots 1 or 2
    - as an advice use the load button, it now has special features, try it out!

Thank's for the interest i the mapping it seems that my efforts are rewarded, any doubts just post and i'll reply

Tech Wizard

The 1.3-file and the fx-file dont work. But I have no problems with the master.tsi you´ve posted first. It works great for me. I´m using a hercules too. First with virtual dj and know with traktor and your mapping is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you,
    Great work

yeah... i forgot to say that the last files only work on 1.2.4 (the new version of traktor), dunno why

i'm glad it's working for you, but i should say that the new files cover a lot of bugs, if you can upgrade traktor, do so and load the new files, you'll see that are some key improvements

anyway thanks for the support

Quote Originally Posted by Goomo View Post
    The 1.3-file and the fx-file dont work. But I have no problems with the master.tsi you´ve posted first. It works great for me. I´m using a hercules too. First with virtual dj and know with traktor and your mapping is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you,
    Great work

Tech Wizard

Maybe you can help me. I try to map the hercules to use it with 4 decks instead of only 2. I want to map (for example the Loops/FX Shift Button or maybe the Scratch button) to a shift Button for the whole left controller side (exactly the whole Deck A controlls). So when the shift button is pushed, the whole deck A section controlls deck C. And then, of course, an other shift button for changing between deck B and deck D.

Hope you can help me.
    Thanks!

Humm.... Ok i understood the question, let's see

with my config the buttons are at the max combinations (well, i think so) so you hould have to loose a few actions, but is doable. Advice: forget the shift button, although it has a CC it behave like the play button it comes back to the normal CC after released. So it is better to choose another button (the folder and file prehaps)

Second case, that will bring you a LOT of work and i'm afraid i can't help you with that, djing is not my day job and as i act with another dj i only need 2 tracks on my computer. Anyway the first solution that i can think is to map a modifier to a button and make them shift to A/C B/D. There is 2 approaches:

1) the modifiers change only the focus of the track in case and you only have to change the action buttons to act of the focused table. It is the fastest method but i see nothing but trouble comming from that. You can only select one at the time, so you would be very limited to the combination of decks.

2) duplicate all of the present commands and change them to the right deck, being the modifiers serve only as a shift button between selections. This is the right way to do it and the one that will work the best.

As i said, a lot of work and limited buttons.

BTW, i'm astonished by the new mapping of the midi fighter that i'm thinking to implement some of the action into the "shift" buttons in normal mode, to enable quick effects, maybe in the next weeks i'll provide a new config

If you manage to implement the features you have in mind, post the config here, let's keep the mp3 e2 alive!

Sorry for the long text but i thinks it clarifies the doubts.

Cheers

Maybe you can help me. I try to map the hercules to use it with 4 decks instead of only 2. I want to map (for example the Loops/FX Shift Button or maybe the Scratch button) to a shift Button for the whole left controller side (exactly the whole Deck A controlls). So when the shift button is pushed, the whole deck A section controlls deck C. And then, of course, an other shift button for changing between deck B and deck D.

Hope you can help me.
    Thanks!

Tech Wizard

IT WORKS!!!
    I used the modifier, like you said. I posted the tsi-file in a new thread. I called it "Hercules MP3 e2 4 decks mapping".

Thanks!

Glad i could help!

Did you implemented the firt or second solution?

IT WORKS!!!
    I used the modifier, like you said. I posted the tsi-file in a new thread. I called it "Hercules MP3 e2 4 decks mapping".

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast