Problem with LPD8 controller - phantom signals being sent out?
    Tech Convert

Default Problem with LPD8 controller - phantom signals being sent out?

Well, this is weird. I don't do mixes an awful lot - hobby, not for a living! - so there can be some time between mixes and the various hardware I use.

It seems that somewhere along the line my LPB8 controller has started doing something weird. When I adjust the rotary controls for the FX on Traktor, it's also triggerin Cue Points. Best way to explain is with a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epdlugh4Uok

I'm after a little help to diagnose where this is coming from, if possible? I used Midi Monitor on my Mac and all the info from that dial is going out on Channel 1, and the controller In and Out ports in Traktor are both set to LPD8.

I'm a bit rusty on this stuff, hence some pointers would be useful

Thanks

Tech Convert

For what it's worth, I also have the following controllers, but none of these are plugged in at the same time as the fault described above:

Hercules RMX
    Korg NanoPad
    Stanton DaScratch

Any thoughts?

The midi notes on the LPD8 are editable, so it could be that they've accidentally been changed and aren't the same as they used to be? Just a guess!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

A friend of mine is having the exact same problem with an out-of-the-box LPD8... except on his, even the program change button sets cue points!

I sent him the presets (factory) from my working LPD8, he uploaded them to his in the AKAI editor, fresh install of Traktor, tried using my LPD8 .tsi for Traktor, it still happens!

Is the LPD8 busted? Does anyone have any tips? He just bought it

Thanks in advance...

Tech Convert

Without looking closely at mine, I'm pretty sure some CCs for the knobs and pads are the same in the out of the box setup. I suggest you fire the editor and see what the values are set to, play with them until you get the results you want.

Quote Originally Posted by zenchicken View Post
    A friend of mine is having the exact same problem with an out-of-the-box LPD8... except on his, even the program change button sets cue points!
    now this is odd when in PC mode the pads should only send out prog change messages which can't be used within traktor - so could well be some dodgy connection inside it or something. i would return that lpd8 i think...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

Just an update on the situation.

I knew it couldn't be a problem with settings on the editor because of the program change odd behaviour, so we started thinking of everything we could! Turns out, if he used the LPD8 *without* having his Audio 6 connected, everything worked fine.

So my friend connected the LPD to the USB port where he usually plugged the Audio 6 in, and the Audio 6 to the port where he used to connect the LPD, and all started working as it should.

So for future reference, if anyone has this random cue points issue with Traktor, it might be a USB problem.