S4 - What to carry it in - Page 5
Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maxonemillionone View Post
    I don't get it. Why did Karlos get his before us? At the NI forums he complains of not being employed by them(perhaps a different Karlos), but as we can clearly see (if he truly does already have his S4) he does get special treatment from them so whats the difference(between us & him)?
    As far as I know, Karlos is a NI forum mod, co-author of Traktor bible, and one of the beta testers of the S4. The amount of work he does for NI, makes it a very good choice for them to be friendly, and give him one a little early.

Also, they know that, if he finds bugs, he has a direct line to NI, so they might be able to polish the firmware before shipping the things. (Typing this makes me wonder if the firmware is user updatable )

Another thing is that getting his S4 a little early gives him and Rainer a head start in writing some S4 guides for the Traktor Bible. This head start also allows him to answer questions about the S4 on this forum, and the NI forum, as soon as end-users start having questions about their newly acquired piece of AWESOME!

Please correct me if I'm wrong Karlos
    Last edited by Wickedsight; 10-11-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

Haha, *motherly tone* calm down kids you will get your turn soon enough! Patience is a virtue.

Karlos is special because he is the reason for 85% of NI sales. ;-)

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxonemillionone View Post
    I don't get it. Why did Karlos get his before us? At the NI forums he complains of not being employed by them(perhaps a different Karlos), but as we can clearly see (if he truly does already have his S4) he does get special treatment from them so whats the difference(between us & him)?
    Dude seriously WTF...
    I have never complained about not being employed by NI. It would be nice but as im a pro DJ I don't need the work or money plus it means I can be impartial which I have to be to be a Moderator.

No conspiracy here.

Pretty much all that Wickedsight said is spot on.
    That's how it works. There are other members of this forum in the same position as me regarding other companies, no big deal.
    No NDA break, no info without consent.

Just trying to help by answering a few questions on this forum as many djtt guys don't go over to NI.

I'm not special , I'm just involved.

Bit crappy that you don't see it that way .

You're always special in my books K.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Dude seriously WTF...
    I have never complained about not being employed by NI. It would be nice but as im a pro DJ I don't need the work or money plus it means I can be impartial which I have to be to be a Moderator.

No conspiracy here.

Pretty much all that Wickedsight said is spot on.
    That's how it works. There are other members of this forum in the same position as me regarding other companies, no big deal.
    No NDA break, no info without consent.

Just trying to help by answering a few questions on this forum as many djtt guys don't go over to NI.

I'm not special , I'm just involved.

Bit crappy that you don't see it that way .
    Listen; I'm sorry if what I said put anybody else, including my self, in a place of unspecial status. I didn't mean it that way. I was just wondering why. As far as the NI forums go, it was a joke (I think) made by somebody else that they should hire you. I don't remember the exact context and because of that I am also sorry for quoting something out of context. By saying "I'm not special , I'm just involved." My guess is you intend exactly that; you received an early copy because with knowledge of it's capabilities you give back to the community 24/7. I am not keen to your previous whereabouts and relationships to NI, and to some degree I am, it slipped my mind. Won't happen again.
    Last edited by maxonemillionone; 10-11-2010 at 07:10 PM.

I didn't take offence.

You made a statement that was partly untrue. I corrected it.
    If you can't stand someone correcting you don't make assumptions.

Jus sayin

Can we hug it out

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Can we hug it out
    <3 always

Tech Guru

so have you love birds found me a bag yet!?!??!

geeesh!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    best way to carry your s4 to gigs: http://www.positivehealth.com/articles/bodywork/985
    this
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast