S4 - What to carry it in - Page 46
Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by djwillie View Post
    I suggest the ODYSSEY BRL DIGITAL XL ...It fits our S4 perfectly and has tons of space and protection and has a seperate luggage for your laptop aswell...And only cost $149.00 (cheap)
    Does no one else think that $150 is quite a lot just for a bag? Not just this one, they all seem to be pretty pricey!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    Does no one else think that $150 is quite a lot just for a bag? Not just this one, they all seem to be pretty pricey!
    Not when you consider the cost of the gear you're transporting...

Laptop $1500
    Traktor S4 $900
    Headphones $100

Bag $150 (6% of the value of the gear in the bag.)
    deeflash - www.deeflash.com
    Original Music, Remixes, and Monthly Podcast

Sony Vaio F13 - Intel Core Quad i7-740QM - 8 Gig of Ram - 500 Gig SATA 7200RPM Drive - Traktor S4

Yeah, you want to protect your gear as best possible, but I think DJ bags in general are way overpriced for what they are. Its only made of foam and plastic! I'm probably going to get a cheap hand luggage sized bag and pad it out with foam. It'll look less tempting to thieves than a shiny bag with UDG plastered all over it too.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    Yeah, you want to protect your gear as best possible, but I think DJ bags in general are way overpriced for what they are. Its only made of foam and plastic! I'm probably going to get a cheap hand luggage sized bag and pad it out with foam. It'll look less tempting to thieves than a shiny bag with UDG plastered all over it too.
    This!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I got my Novation 25 and decksaver this week. It fits perfect, not even tight for the zippers, and I succeed to place my headphones, laptop, cables and even my MIDI Fighter!
    Great combination at a great price without doubt.

Tech Student

for people in the NL who consider buying a Fusion Workstation DJ it is available here:
    http://www.i4-muzique.nl/product_inf...ducts_id=18179

Tech Guru

€159? These people are crazy!

the Fusion costs about €94 or so in the Hungarian shop. This is ridicules.

I've got a Fusion and am very happy with it. The level of protection is very high and can put a lot of stuff inside. I also find it relatively well suited for backpack use. The versatility level is also amazing - there are lots of internal & external pockets and divisions. Most with high protection.

I recommend the Fusion for everyone who needs to put an S4 + additional controller(s) + stand(s) + why not a pair of clean clothes for the day after the gig. It's a big bag and sort of an overkill to get it for just the S4, which fits fine in the Novation or the Magma, but if you need more space, the Fusion is a great option.

Will be doing a video in the coming week to demonstrate the strong and the weak points of the bag.
    Last edited by loop; 03-26-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Tech Student

yes it is a lot indeed, i agree, plus i cannot take in the plane with me another reason not to take it.
    The amount of space is great..

Tech Guru

I'm not sure that I won't be able to take as a hand luggage in planes. I've seen so many people traveling with small trolleys as cabin bags that I'll hardly believe that the Fusion won't be allowed. It's about the size of a mini trolley bag.

If you don't overfill the external pockets with thick stuff, which you actually don't need, as there's enough space inside, it wouldn't be a problem.

BTW, the bag has SO MUCH PADDING inside, that it's hard to believe why it's getting so full with so few items! I wouldn't be surprised if it's like 30-35% of padding front to back. It's the outer walls, than the laptop pocket, the so called Audio Bin (it's the fatest!). That's good in terms of equipment protection, but it takes a lot from the inside space. That said, I believe that if filled carefully and wisely, the bag can safely take some squeezing without risking to harm the equipment inside - the pressure would just be properly absorbed by all this padding (not to speculate with it, though )

Tech Guru

and BTW, the price €159 is like 40-50% more than the proper price of the bag. Come on, decks UK are selling it for £95: http://www.decks.co.uk/products/Fusion/Workstation_DJ
    The Hungarian dealer is listing it for €94: http://www.pwmusic.net/product_info.php/products_id/664

I don't know why the NL dealers are listing it so high ... Fusion have to sort out the NL retail nonsense.